Prologue

Background

Note - This is just a recap of the description, so if you have already read it, please skip to Chapter 2. Thank you.

On their 16th birthday, each male and female was sent to a clinic; a clinic that gave them a power of their choice, should they choose to obtain it. The world became a place filled with man-made super humans, who became know as 'The Enhanced'. In other words: a recipe for disaster.

Wars broke out between the enhanced, desperately trying to prove their group, and their powers were better. Marauders were pillaging, criminals attacked or killed anyone in their way. Innocents who accidentally got in the way stood no chance. The enhanced attacked the very people that gave them their powers to begin with. Chaos and disaster ruled.

After 50 years of slaughter, the war ended. The criminal enhanced were either captured, or killed, the innocent victims were finally buried, the clinics shut down. All use of enhancements were banned, and the governments hoped that the enhanced would die off with the rest of their generation. Why wouldn't it, the enhancement was specific to the individual, it couldn't be passed on, surely??

What they didn't know was that the powers were, in fact, genetic. What they didn't know was that there was a 0.05% of a random enhancement being passed on. This was very rare, and barely any of the new enhanced were born. As a precaution, the government sent out a warning, that any enhanced had to turn themselves in. If they didn't, they would be hunted. And killed.

The few enhanced that refused to hand themselves in, forced to run, formed a secret group, a band of super humans. Led by their talented leader, Apryl, they constantly escaped and battled the authority, earning their kind a new name. The Gifted.

***********************************
Sorry that this is a very short chapter, but longer chapters are to follow shortly. Please like, comment and share as well as follow!! Thank you!