Chapter 2 - One Month Later

Tris

I know I'm not due till today, but I can't help but take a pregnancy test anyway. I'm sitting on the bathroom floor, trying to wait the two minutes before I look at my test. I'm counting very slowly with my eyes closed, refusing to look.

"118, 119, 120," I count out loud to myself. I take a deep breath, open my eyes and look at the pregnancy test.

Pregnant

Immediately I start tearing up, not able to believe it's true. Then again, we certainly were trying hard enough, I smile to myself remembering.

I get up and wrap the test and box in the brown bag from the store before throwing it out. I don't want Tobias to find out before I tell him. I   want to do something special so I run to the store to get the things I need to make his favorite dinner.

I'm in the store getting all the ingredients I need when I decide I want to buy another test, just to make sure. When I get home, I put the roast in the oven and run to the bathroom. This time I can't help but watch as I count the two minutes. There's no mistaking the "+" that's slowly appearing.

I throw out the evidence again and head to the kitchen to start peeling potatoes. I'm just setting the roast beef, mashed potatoes, gravy and green beans on the table when I hear the key in the door. I'm unable to keep the smile off my face when he walks in the door.