Chapter 9- Forgetting

I feel that this story has been a little too depressing so far.... so trying to lighten it up :) 

Liz's POV:

 Beep, Beep. Wake up Liz. Get your ugly head out of the pillows and face the sunshine.

The alarm clock mocked me as I groaned and rolled over, not afraid to dismember the perfectly made hotel bed. That's what a hotel was good for, wasn't it? Messing up the whole room just so people could come happily clean it an hour later? God, I wished that worked with my room back home.

Finally, I smacked my phone off and sat up in the bed, knowing I had to start my somewhat busy day. It was a fairly small hotel room, with just two rooms and a bathroom, a small couch and coffee table next to the white queen sized bed. There was a small balcony with a beautiful view of NYC, and even if the hotel was horrible quality- which it in no way was- the view made it all the worth it. I watched the cars rush past the skyscrapers, the city that never sleeped. 

I had never been in a big city like this. Sure, I led on to people that I was in to fashion and big cities, which I was, but I had never actually been in one until I had moved to Los Angeles. It took me a LONG time to adjust to the busy city life. I was a farm girl at heart, born and raised on a farm in Virginia.

I tried to ignore the crawling, anxious thoughts of my old cozy home and got out of the bed, looking at myself in the mirror. I had to admit, I looked pretty shitty. My hair was frizzed all around my red, pale-complexion face that was in desperate need of a good washing and a solid layer of makeup. Which, by the way, I hadn't bothered to take off the night before, and was now smudged over my face as well. I was wearing a light, plain white t-shirt that shrugged off of my shoulder and a pair of sweatpants.

My stomach grumbled, and I realized I hadn't eaten anything big since Panera. Since I didn't have enough food to satisfy my hunger in my room, I knew I would have to head down to the hotel breakfast. Sighing, I also knew that meant at least looking a little bit presentable.

I headed into the bathroom, brushed my hair and threw it into a bun, washed my face, and put on a presentable face. Then, I slipped into my favorite, run-down slippers and grabbed my phone and keys, heading down to the lobby. Good enough.

There weren't many people up this early yet, so I was able to get a plate of fruit, a waffle, and a cup of coffee and find a small window seat without much trouble. 

I wondered if Courtney was up yet. She had offered many times to share her apartment with me, since I really was homeless currently, but of course I said no. I figured that they would sleep together, but that wasn't the main reason- I didn't want to be that third wheel that got in the way of her best friend's and boyfriends relationship. I didn't mind staying in a hotel, at least for a while.

Throwing away my plate, I decided I looked presentable enough and got into my car, driving away from the hotel.

 I reached the rehersal studio in just a few minutes. It was a huge studio, a skyscraper that seemed to reach the clouds. It looked very fancy, and I tried not to feel that out of place, even though I was. As I entered the studio, I stared at all of the plantinum albums hanging up on the walls, bragging about all of their sucessful million dollar artists.

"Hello, can I help you?" The receptionist said, flashing me a blinding smile.

"She's with me," a familiar voice called from behind her, and my whole stomach flipped when I turend to see Zayn casually walking towards me. He also looked like he had just woken up, but unlike me, he was cute when he was barely concious- his dark hair was frazzled, his eyes heavy but happy, his mouth curled into a smile.