Chapter 3- Snowfall

When I woke up again it was snowing.

Was it already December? Last time I checked, leaves were still falling off of trees. Time flew by way to fast.

Or, for me stuck in a hospital bed for all of eternity, time went by as slow as hell.

Niall had to head home to take care of some things, which I understood. I was the one who convinced him he should go. Even if I wanted him, I didn't need him by my side every second of the day. His life needed to continue, even if mine was on hold.

I was watching the snow fall against the brick building and onto the cars and people below me, sipping a cup of tea one of the nurses had brought in. I wasn't sure what time it was, sometime in the night, the moon was full in the sky.

There was a faint but apparent three knocks on the door and then a women walked in and looked right at me. Her eyes had small dark circles under them, her hair was knotty and in a bun, and she was carrying a bag, balloons, and a purse. She looked like she hadn't slept in days.

"Mum," I said, willing myself not to cry.

"Sweetie," She said, dropping everything in her hands and running to me. "I'm so sorry I'm so late.... the flight was delayed because of a snowstorm, I couldn't get here any earlier...." She was starting to make sobbing sounds as she wrapped her hands around me.

"Mum, stop, I'm just so glad you're here," I replied, squeezing her tight. "Niall took care of me."

My mum nodded and slowly we unraveled from each other. "Niall is such a great guy. I really have to thank him."

I nodded, looking back out the window.

"You're father is still at the hotel, he had a bit of an upset stomach," She continued. "He'll come right over when he can-"

"If he's not feelin good, it's fine," I said. "I'll finally be out of this place tomorrow. I don't want him to see me like this, anyway."

Mum gave me a simpathetic look and layed down next to me, scootching into the bed and under the covers. "I figure you can have as much time as you need to recover, and then we can book a flight back home."

Taking a deep breath, I looked at my mom. "I... I'm not sure I want to go home just yet."

"Well, of course, take all the time you need to get better," She said.

"No... I mean, I want to be with Niall." I said the words slowly.

My mom looked at me for a while. "You're not coming home?"

"Oh gosh, I mean of course I am, I have you guys and friends and school, I wouldn't just leave," I said. "But... Niall is staying here for about another week, and... I just want to be with him, mum."

I felt horrible saying those words to my mom. Of course I wanted to be with my parents, and Harry, but I just felt like I needed to be with Niall, at least for a little while longer.

She looked at me for a long while, then finally said, "Did Niall ask you to stay with him?"

I knew the answer. No. Well, not yet, anyway. We hadn't really talked much, things were so tense between us. I wanted it to be back to normal, but I knew he was hurting because I was hurting. We needed time together, I couldn't leave New York with our relationship in the state it was.

"I'm sorry, Mum, you know I love you guys so much, and I want to be with you, but this would only be for a week. Please."

"I just... I don't want to loose you.... you would be safe with me, and your father, back home."

"You have to trust me, Niall will protect me," I said, pleading. "I promise."

She took another breath then looked at me. "Alright, a week. But I expect you to be caught up in school by the time you get back."

Grinning at her, I said, "Deal."

My mum and I stayed cuddled up together for a while, and finally my dad arrived. He was even more emotional than my mom, and I guess that was because I was always a daddy's girl. He gave me loads of chocolates, gift cards, a new pair of slippers, and starbucks, all of which I was in desperate need of. The doctor came in and gave me a check up, and he said that my minor concussion was almost fully healed. My broken leg would have to be in a cast for a few weeks, and my stitches could be taken out in a few weeks as well. I noticed that I was feeling noticably better, besides the fact that I probably looked like a train reck, I had a whole in the back of my nightgown with my bare bottom showing, and I had a cloud following me around from the depression of being in a hospital.

I eventually fell back asleep, and when I woke up, Niall was by my side. The feeling was so great that I smiled and let him climb in the bed with me, kissing him softly.

Niall kissed me back, holding my head close to him and stroking my back. He pulled away so that our noses were touching, and I leaned against him, our legs intertwined.

"Please, don't leave," He said, his irish voice breezing into my ears.

"I won't," I replied, my heart fluttering. "Remember? I promised. I keep my promises."

He smiled at me, but then he looked down. "I can't take you away from your life. You have to go back to school and your family."

"I know I have to," I said, pressing my hand against his warm chest. "But I can't leave just yet. I asked my mom, and she said I could stay with you for a week. I mean, if you would want me to...."

Niall started laughing his infectious laugh, his blue eyes gleaming. He took my hand in his. "Of course I do. I can take off some rehersals this week-"

"No," I interupted, shaking my head. "I don't want to interuppt you from the band. Harry would get pissed anyway, and we both know that wouldn't end well. I just needed a break from school, just to be with you. It's fine if you're working most of the time, I'm sure I could find something to do."

Niall leaned in and kissed me for what seemed like eternity. "I love you," He whispered.

Those words spun around me and warmed me from my toes to my head. "I love you too," I whispered back, and leaned in to kiss him once more.