Tennis Rackets Do NOT Make Intimidating Weapons

-Anastasia's POV-
I finished my final class around 4 pm, and since it was a Friday, I decided to call Devon. Her phone only rang once before she answered it. "Heyyyyyy Anastasia, where are you? I had like two classes today, so I had to hide out in my apartment all day!" She said in a sarcastically  dramatic way.

"Oh poor Devon. She got to sleep in late and do basically so work on a Friday. May God bless her poor tortured soul!" I sarcastically responded. We both laughed until I spoke again. "Hey wanna come over and just watch movies and eat? Calculus has left me completely drained of doing anything remotely active." Devon and I usually walked to a small, local coffee shop on Fridays just to hang out, talk, and get hyped on caffeine. Like I said before, neither of us had very active social lives, so we usually spent all our free time with each other.

"Oh my god that sound amazing! Say we'll order like a hundred pizzas and I'll be there!" Devon loved pizza as much as I did, so that's what we usually ordered on our movie nights. We've ordered so much pizza that we actually know the pizza guy. Others may call that sad, but hey, who has the bazillion free pizza coupons?

"Of course there will be pizza! I've got the number on speed dial. " we both laughed before I continued "Just be at my place by 6 and you'll have all the pizza you could desire."
I hung up before she could start rambling about her love for pizza again. I called the pizza place on the way back and ordered three large pepperoni pizzas. Ah, you truly know you're in college when one orders three large pepperoni pizzas for only two people.

I got back to my apartment and immediately changed into my black sweatpants and black cami. May god bless the saint who invented sweatpants, they will forever hold a spot in my heart. I got what blankets I had in the place and threw them on the couch I had into from of my small TV in the front room. The old building I lived in didn't have very good insulation, so I had to use like a hundred blankets on at night just to keep a normal body temperature. Devon and I would usually whatever crappy movies we could find on TV and make fun of the plot together. I just thanked my lucky stars there was one person on this planet that could handle my weirdness.

Devon busted through the door (she rarely knocked) at 6:01 p.m. "WHERE'S MY PIZZA BITCH?" She yelled as she slammed the door and belly-flopped onto the couch. Oh the joys of being best friends with Devon Russell. She was wearing grey sweat pants with a red cami. We were both fans of "comfort clothing" and that was basically all we wore when we didn't have to look presentable.

"ITLL BE HERE IN 10 MINUTES HOE!" I yelled back walking into the room. Most people, hearing this conversation might think we hated each other, but that's just how Devon and I communicated. We were quiet and awkward around others, but around each other, we let all our weirdness and craziness out. Devon groaned and made her way to the fridge. She popped open a coke and sat on the counter. I joined her in the kitchen. An excited glint in her eye let me know she had something to tell me. "Well?" I smiled at her "What's on your mi--" I didn't get to finish because at that exact moment, the doorbell rang. Devon's eyes widened, and she attempted to jump off the kitchen counter to get to the door. She actually ended up slipping off counter and landing face-first into the ground. I laughed hysterically as Devon gasped for air. While she was still writhing with pain on the ground, I answered the door and got our three pizzas. I shut the door and set the pizzas on the table, And then turned my attention to Devon. By now, she regained the ability to breathe normally. I shook my head and grabbed a piece of pizza. "Dumbass" I smiled as I took a bite of the delicious triangle shaped piece of heave.

"Worth it" Devon retorted as she lunged, yet again, for the pizza. After we each gobbled down two pieces, I decided to pick up our conversation from where we left off.

"So what do you have to tell me?" I said grabbing another slice of pizza. Devon also grabbed another piece, but a mischievous smile played in her lips.