Excuses Will Make You Feel Better At The Present

-Anastasia's POV-

Dammit.

God. Fucking. Dammit.

I widened my eyes and immediately went into panic mode. Seeing as I couldn't run away, I held onto the front counter and began to move slowly, hoping that I could get across the room without catching this man's attention.

I didn't even make it three feet.

"YOU!" I heard the man yell, as he and the guys surrounding him quickly advanced upon me. I turned and they were all standing directly behind me.

The man in front quickly looked me up and down and furrowed his brow; he saw me clutching my abdomen.

"What ze hell happened to you?"

I was actually surprised that was his first question, but either way, I was fucking terrified.

"Wh-what are you talking about?" I tried to end the conversation so I could leave, find Gerard, and push him off the nearest cliff available for leaving me in the goddamn parking lot in FRANCE by MYSELF.

He smiled, realizing that I was scared. "Have you zeen a very expensive watch belonging to me?" He asked, taking my nervousness as a proclamation of guilt.

Shit. Shit. Shit. I never thought I'd actually even think this BUT WHERE WAS GERARD OR FRANK OR MIKEY OR SOMEONE TO GET ME OUT OF THIS GODDAMN MESS!!

There was no use in lying to this guy. He looked like he could break my neck and enjoy it. "About that-" I breathed, still holding my stomach. "I found it. A-and I was going to turn it in b-because I figured someone had lost it. B-but I accidentally..." I stopped there, too afraid to go on.

The French man raised his eyebrows. "Accidentally?" His cold stare forced me to go forward.

I took a shaky breath. "Dropped it down the the waterfall pipes." I said quickly, as if that was going to make it any better.

He narrowed his eyes, but the look on his deface was still amused. "You dropped my one of a kind diamond encrusted Rolex watch down ze waterfall pipes?" He asked rhetorically.

I bit my lip and clenched my side. My day had sufficiently gone from bad to worse to THE MOST FUCKING GODDAMN TERRIBLE DAY ON THE PLANET. I shook. The man looked like he was about to speak again, but he was interrupted.

"Alexis Augustin!" I turned to see that the voice belonged to a very dapper looking Gerard. He was wearing a black suit, but this one was tailored to perfection and extremely high quality.

I had never been more relieved to see the man I hated most of this planet.

The man I know knew as 'Alexis' turned his head towards Gerard, and to my surprise, he smiled.

"Gerard Way!" He said smiling. "It haz been too long my friend. Welcome back to France!"

Gerard smiled and walked up beside him...These guys were FRIENDS? I could see this turning out a different way then I'd hoped.

Gerard turned his gaze to me and smirked. "Anastasia sugar, I see you've met my very good friend and current business partner, Alexis Augustin."

Alexis looked back at me. "Gerard, you know zis beautiful trouble maker?" He asked, a little bit surprised.

Beautiful. I raised my eyebrows. That's bold.

Gerard kept the smug look on his face as he walked over to and put his arm around me. "Of course I know this beautiful trouble maker," he said looking down at me. "She came here with me." He smirked.