Just My Luck.. Chapter Nine

Start from the beginning

“Don’t forget a shirt! I call after him, withholding my laughter,” You two seem to enjoy prancing around shirtless.”

“Yeah, yeah, yeah.  No shirt no shoes no service, I see how it is now.” He calls back, the both of us laughing at this point.

After I finish setting the table and topping the plates of waffles with homemade whipped cream both of the brothers walk into the kitchen.

 “Ugh, what is that smell?” Ezra wrinkles his nose up in disgust trying to hide the smirk that’s gracing his lips.

“Oh that? That’s just the smell of poisoned fruit salad, yours to be exact.” I say as serious as I possibly can be.

Ezra just makes a face of horror, mocking my words.

Christopher laughs at us before digging into the waffles. “Yum, what’s in them?”

“They’re apple cinnamon.” I tell him smiling before digging into my own breakfast.

Ezra finally starts eating and agrees with his brother that the breakfast is delicious and definitely not poisoned.

--

I meet up with Mikayla before school and immediately get dragged towards a bunch of our guy friends since she of course wants to see Alec as much as possible. Alec greeted us giving Mikayla a big kiss. I turn towards everyone else and we say our greetings.

 The guys are Liam, he’s our token skater. He stands exactly six feet tall with shaggy dirty blonde hair, eyes as green as emeralds and slightly tanned skin, if it wasn’t for the fact he’s a total slob he’s probably more popular with the girls then he already is. Then there is Mark, he’s six feet three inches tall with curly short brown hair, hazel eyes and as pale as a ghost. I swear that kid has never seen a grade below 90% in his entire life. Then there is Cam (Cameron) and Jake, the twins. Their hair is naturally red but Jake dyed his hair black in hope to look a hot emo boy. They are Six foot two, with silvery eyes and freckled pale skin. They’re both on the football team with Alec.

Mikayla and Alec’s make out session becomes a bit too heated making it awkward. Liam throws the last of his McDonalds hash browns at the back of Alec’s head.

“Gross guys get a room.” Mark yells at them pretending to gag.

Mikayla blushes and Alec laughs at them, pulling her closer into him. “You’re just jealous you don’t have such a gorgeous girl.”

“Pfft, sure.  We still have Kirstie-bear here to snag as our own.” Cam says draping an arm across my shoulders.

“Funny, well Kirst could do way better then any of you fools.” Mikayla laughs.

“So you seeing anyone?” Josh asks, winking at me.

I pause, what do I say? What do you say in this situation? ‘Yes, but it’s not like I have a choice it’s arranged by family. Oh and guess what, it’s our teacher, Mr. Williams.’ Like that would fly well with them.  But it’s not like I can say no, I mean I do have to marry Ezra this upcoming year. I mean the entire truth wouldn’t be too good, but I’d be partially lying if I said no. What do I do, I’m so confused.

“Not really, no.” I squeak out, immediately second guessing my decision.

“Oh, so there is a someone though. Spill it now.”

“You know me too well girlie. Yeah there is someone. He’s handsome, in the slightly rugged, shaggy brown hair and built body sort of way. He’s a royal pain in the buttocks, but he’s kind of sweet and caring when he wants to be.” I look down, embarrassed slightly.