Just My Luck.. [Arranged Marriage to My Teacher] Chapter Five

Kirsten's out fit for the day: http://www.polyvore.com/kirstens_outfit_chapter/set?id=30951083

I wake up to the smell of coffee and muffins wafting through the apartment and it smells delicious.  I quickly get out of bed and go to get ready for the day. After my shower I get dressed and follow the heavenly scents into the kitchen where Ezra's sipping on coffee and Christopher is reading a book chowing down on a muffin, talking to each other quietly.  I'm not used to seeing family eating breakfast together seeing as how my dad is constantly away on business and my mom works weird hours as a doctor.  I smile, the two of them get along great, I'm slightly jealous seeing as I am an only child.  Realizing that I'm just standing in the doorway looking in on them I step into the kitchen and happily exclaim "Good morning," 

They both look up from what they're doing, Ezra mumbles something along the lines of "Why so cheerful this morning?" Causing Christopher to nudge him before smiling and saying to me "Good morning Kirsten, help yourself to coffee and muffins. Did you sleep well?"

"I slept great thanks, the bed is amazingly comfy." I smile at Christopher while helping myself to a muffin and cup of coffee and sitting down at the table with them.

"It better be, it cost a fortune." Ezra informs me sourly.

"Ignore him, he's just being a sourpuss. He didn't even pay a cent for anything in your room, it was all Mom and Dad's doing." Christopher says giving his brother a dirty look.

"Then I really must thank them, I love my room." I say taking the last bite of my muffin, "I'm going to go finish my homework seeing as one of my teachers thought it was appropriate to assign four chapters and at least ten pages of assignments." 

Ezra just smiles at my remark knowing that I was referring to him.

--

I'm halfway through my English homework when I hear loud voices coming from the living room.  From what I can hear Ezra is in a heated discussion with someone over something.  I'm tempted to go out to investigate what's going on, but I have the feeling that it might be smarter to just listen from here.  I get up from my desk and move toward my door so I can hear them a bit better.

"It's never enough for you, is it?" I hear Ezra exclaim in a frustrated manner.

"Enough? You're not even trying, Ezra!  For once in your life could you at least make an effort to make things work?" A female voice counters.

"Why should I try? What is the point, it's not like I really want this. I have no choice in the matter." He responds coolly.

Right then a man speaks up, "How do you know? You have never even tried. You're right you don't have a choice anyways. You're going to make this work, and that's final. Can you go get Kirsten?"

I faintly hear Ezra give an exasperated grunt of acknowledgement. Moments later there is a knock on my door.  Opening my door I find an annoyed Ezra, "My parents would like to see you." he says to me, in the same cold venomous voice he's been addressing his parents with. 

"Alright." I reply, following him into the living room.  Why hadn't I guessed they were arguing over us, after all it makes perfect sense.

"Mr. and Mrs. Williams, it's nice to see you. Thank you for such a beautiful room."

"Hello Kirsten, please, call me Sandra." his mother says sweetly, "You're welcome, it was our pleasure decorating it for you."

"Please, sit, this could take a while." Mr. Williams says, "Also dear, call me John, you are going to be family after all." Ezra's face wrinkles slightly in disgust, at the comment.

"We'd like to talk to you both about your marriage." Sandra tells us. 

"Both me and Sandra are deeply concerned about the two of you.  We'd like to see you getting along.  All we're asking is for you two to try and get to know each other, and hopefully fall for one another.  Because if you can't get along then your marriage will be one of pain and sadness.  I don't want that for you and I think you two would get along great if you tried at all." John says to Ezra and me.

Neither Ezra or I speak up so Sandra takes this as her cue to add to what her husband said, "In hopes of you guys getting along we want the both of you to spend the rest of the day together.  Whether you go for a walk or just watch movies, you have to do something together, sound fair?" she gives us a look that said agree with me or else.

"it sounds fair to me." I say, "If we are to be wed I'd like to know I'll be happy."

"Yeah I guess." Ezra says defeated before lightening his tone a bit, "She is awfully pretty, I must admit. Maybe she's as pretty on the inside behind the pigheadedness. But won't this be awkward at school, me being her teacher and all?"

"We'll deal with that when it becomes an issue" John says.

-----

There ya go Chapter Five, I'm starting to like how Wattpad is set up :)

Feedback?

xoxo Nicole