Chapter 2

Knock!
Knock!
Knock!

"Yes?" I asked still sleepy.

I sat up and looked at my clock that's beside my bed. It read
10:03 a.m.

My mom walked in dressed up in work clothes. That only meant one thing.

"Your dad and I are are going out of state for a job." She said while on her phone as usual. She didn't even look up at me when she said it.

No 'good morning darling'?

"How long are ya'll going to be gone?" I asked with a monotone voice.

"We will be back no later than 4 weeks." She said apologetically.

They're always focused on making money. They were consultants which means they traveled a lot. I don't mind having a lot of money. I just wish they would spend more time with me.

"Okay. We'll see you then."

My dad came in and kissed my cheek.

"Bye Lee. We love you." He said.

I take that back. My dad still shows me love even though they have a job. It's just my mom that I wish I got some more attention from.

They left my room and made their way downstairs. When I heard the main door of the house shut I knew they left. I flopped back into my bed.

I stared at my ceiling thinking of what I would do today. Before Daniel and I broke up, we would always hang out together when my parents go on business trips. I sighed. 'No thinking of him today.'

I got my phone off the charger and called Arianna to ask if she wanted to go shopping with me. She of coursed agreed. She said she would be here around 12 p.m. I needed to get me something to wear for the date tomorrow.

I got out of bed and made it up. I went to the restroom. I went to the sink and brushed my teeth.

I walked to my shower and turned it on hot. When I was done, I dried myself off and put on my clothes on.

It consisted of a shirt that said 'No basics allowed', black leggings, and black, white, and gray Nike shoes. I decided just to curl my hair today. I brushed through it so it could look kind of messy and wavy. I put on light brown eye shadow that shimmers with mascara. When I was done, I looked at my clock to see it was about 11.

I grabbed my phone and headed downstairs to the kitchen. I poured me a glass of orange juice and sat down on the couch waiting for Arianna.

While I was waiting, I decided to watch 'The Vampire Diaries.' I heard a honk outside. I was just getting to the good part. Damon had his shirt off.

I turned off my tv and grabbed my wallet off the counter. I locked the door and headed to Arianna's blue 2014 Mustang.

"Hey good looking." Arianna said with a smirk. I just chuckled at her.

We pulled into the mall's parking lot. We quickly got out and went inside.

We went into the first store we came upon. We were in there for 20 minutes and didn't find anything that looked good.

After several stored later and no luck of finding something to wear, we went to the food court to take a break from shopping.

We were going to go out to eat after we went shopping, so we just went to the McDonalds that is in the food court.

We just got a chocolate chip frappé. They are amazing. I checked my phone to see it was 2:20 p.m. We have been her for about three hours.

Arianna is complaining about when she watched her seven year old brother, Liam, last night.

"He thought it would be funny to get a marker-" She stopped mid sentence while looking over my shoulder.  I turned around to Daniel and he wasn't alone.

Him and Shelby were sitting down laughing. What did she have that I didn't? She is skinnier, with long brown hair, those legs that don't end, and those striking brown eyes.

"Lee, do you want to leave?" Ari asked with concern laced in her voice.

"I think that would be better." I whispered to her. I couldn't stay here knowing they were here.

We walked right past them. They didn't even glance our way which I'm thankful for. I don't know when I will be able to get over him.

We got to the car and sat in silence. I haven't seen him in 2 months and when I do he is with Shelby. He got over us fast. Did he mean the things he said? I wonder if he ever loved me?

"Do you still want to go eat?" She asked with a small smile. Of course, thinking about food.

"Sure. Why not?" I said with chuckled.

We pulled up to Chaco's. It's the best Mexican restaurant I have ever been to, in my opinion.

I ordered an enchilada plate that came with: two enchiladas, beans, rice, and two warm tortillas with a drink of root bear.

We talked about the details for tomorrow.

"It's going to be at the Rainbow Lodge at 8 p.m. I will pick you up." She said before she took a bite of her quesadilla.

"Okay. I still can't believe you got me to do this." I said with disbelief while I put beans in my tortilla.

We talked about different things while we ate. When we were through, we paid for the food and went to the car. She dropped me off at home. I waved at her while I watched her drive away.

I walked in and checked my phone to we it was 5:36 p.m.

Today went by too fast. My mind was still thinking about today.

I changed into something to wear to sleep and put on 'Mean Girls'.

During the movie, I got call from Arianna that lasted about a hour because she didn't know what to wear since we didn't get anything.

I forgot all about that.

When I got off the phone, I pressed play to watch the movie only to start dozing off until sleep finally took over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
{Unedited}