Sasuke

'No, no, no, this wasn't happening. He's not here, he's not alive, he won't do anything—but what if he does? What if it happens again? All of it? He wouldn't, he wouldn't, please don't let him!!!"

"You're real hard to find, you know?" Obito whined. "I was out looking all over Konoha for you! You weren't at any of the restaurants, the bars, the training grounds, but you end up in the bowels of the T&I building!"

His complaining was short lived when he saw the little girl at Genma's side. His lips stretched into a friendly grin.

"Uchiha Obito," he introduced happily as he put out a hand, "And you?"

Sakura swallowed down her fear and kept a neutral facade as she took his hand and gave a firm shake. The memories started up again. Him, his mocking smirk, the look of pleasure lit up in his sharingan when he'd--

She frantically tried to erase the image of the man who started the Fourth Shinobi World War. He wasn't the same as he was back in her time. It was impossible.

"Haruno Sakura."

It took all of her willpower to stop the quiver in her words.

She was grateful when there was an interruption of the door opening and the sound of footsteps coming their way. Ibiki graced the three of them with his presence, acknowledging Obito with a glance and the slight tilt of his head. His gaze then flickered to Sakura.

"You have your parents approval. Come with me. Shiranui, join us when you finish your business," he said. She nodded, waved at Genma and Obito, and left with the head interrogator.

::

"Eh? She has something to do for you guys?" Obito asked once he and Genma were alone in the basement. Genma nodded.

"Yup. We're bringing her into the intelligence sector."

Obito made a displeased face. "Already? She's so young..."

He didn't like when young kids were brought into the shinobi lifestyle at such a young age. He knew two people who had been subjected into that kind of thing. One of them was his cousin, the prodigy of the clan, and the other was his best friend, the prodigy of his team. And by the looks of it, this girl-- Haruno Sakura-- was starting out far earlier than the two. Even slightly earlier than Kakashi.

"We aren't going to force her to do interrogations if that's what you're thinking, and we're not going to turn her into some killing machine. This was purely her choice and if she wants out, she's out."

Obito wasn't convinced. Genma sighed and clapped him on the shoulder. "Lighten up, goggles. It's not the end of the world. So why'd you come looking for me anyways?"

"Hm? Oh, right. You've got a mission with me, Aoba, and Raido. Real easy A-rank to Ishigakure. We meet at the gates tomorrow morning at seven," he provided. Genma groaned. It wasn't that he didn't like going on missions, it was just that Ishigakure was so humid that taking a shower in the hottest months of the year was wasted effort.

"Fine, whatever," he grumbled. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back up to Morino-san's office before he bites my head off for being late."

"I still don't like it!"

Genma was already up the stairs. "Deal with it, red eye!"

He left the basement and took his sweet time on his way to Ibiki's office. Maybe Obito did have a point. She was just a little girl just under six years old who wasn't even in the Academy yet and they were already bringing her into one of Konoha's forces. But what could he say? It was hard to find talent like hers. And if they were able to cultivate such skill from such a young age, she could become a great asset to Konoha.