ONE

Jogging in the early hours of a day in the spring season is a bad idea but I'm still doing it anyway, even my counselor supports it- Not the spring part though. I don't want you to think I'm messed up or something because I'm seeing a counselor but I really needed advice on how to handle the effects of the crazy adventure I had last summer.

I allowed myself a trip down memory lane as I sat on a bench. Sometimes, it's hard to believe that I actually had that last summer experience but I did and I know I did. I can still remember the day Blake, my paternal grandfather, came to the house to tell me I was a wizard. After some throwing and tossing, I finally agreed to attend Firewalt where I met Victoria, my 'crazy' friend and girlfriend, and Abigail, my supposed guardian.

Abigail murdered two of my friends, Jake and Elaine, then almost killed Victoria all because she wanted me to ally with some godforsaken bad guys for a reason I can't fathom no matter how hard I tried. I lost control to rage, killed her and now I can't have a decent night sleep without it all coming back to haunt me.

           "Thought you were already rotting in the grave?", said someone and I nearly jumped out of my skin- Everything frightens me nowadays.

I turned to see Roy, my big time bully in high school. Roy had made my life one living hell in Krestwick high. He picked on me at any chance he got and when he didn't, fate always had a way of giving him one. Now we are out of school and he's still not moving on- Typical jerk behaviour, if you ask me.

         "What do you want Roy?", I asked as I stood up to match his height.

          "How about you tell me how you did what you did during the detention we took together?", he asked, quirking his eyebrows in an intimidating manner- Why can't this kid just let things go?

Thing is, we took detention together during the last few days of our senior year and as usual, he wanted to break my bones because I accidentally destroyed a pretty girl's car. Unfortunately, that was during my pre-magic control days so it happened that if I get stressed, I perform magic. I was scared he was going to kill me so I 'flung' an encyclopedia at his head and he hadn't stopped bugging me about it all these days- Seriously Roy, get a job or something.

          "I told you I did nothing", I said, walking away but he caught up with me and pulled me back. Problem is, I'm no match for him and he will destroy every cell in my body if I attempted to fight him but that doesn't mean I will allow him walk all over me.

           "Let me propose something", I offered, "I clean your sneakers and you leave me alone".

He didn't seem to be eating any of what I said up and I kinda understand, I couldn't quite believe what I was saying too.

           "You expect me to believe that?", he asked, "Okay, I'll agree if you do it with your mouth".

           "Of course", I replied, prompting another disbelieving look from him- He seemed to be full of it today.

I quickly knelt down and got my humiliation over with. A smile spread over my lips as Roy walked away. I know I looked like a maniac right now but I just can't help it, Roy doesn't know what's about to hit him. I spelled his sneakers to become tight when he wants to pull it off and the more he struggles, the tighter it becomes. Of course, I'm not a bad person and I made the spell to wear off eventually but the look of helplessness on his face will be so worth it, that will teach that weasel to get a job. Speaking of jobs, I have one and I'm about to become late for it.

Job is Mr.Andrews' antique shop- Yeah! I can see the crazy connection between wizardry and antiquity too. I had to work in the antique shop because I'm being homeschooled until I complete my wizard's training and go to college proper.

         "Thought you weren't coming in today, Sanders", said Mr.Andrews as soon as I walked in through the door, he always said that whenever I arrived and I was only a minute late- Talk about melancholic, huh?

           "I ran into a traffic jam", I lied which was a really bad idea because there weren't so many cars in the area not to talk about a jam. Fortunately, he didn't press, guess he was never interested in my excuse in the first place.

I quickly got down to arranging the shelves before he began to badger me with his million-dollar questions- That man is an expert in that field, believe me.

I heard the door bells ring and a female voice asked Mr.Andrews if we had an Asian vase.

        "Over here", I said as I turned and almost had my heart jump out of my mouth. Oh my God! I know that girl and it is not from the normals' realm.