He Hurts You

"All done," you smile to yourself, putting the finishing touches on the cake you just baked. Now you just need someone to share it with. Like, say, your boyfriend.

You find Cole outside, holding a big rock over his head. Lloyd is watching him from a shady spot nearby. You're walking over to Cole to ask if he wants some cake when Lloyd pulls out a water balloon and hits him with it from behind.

Cole yelps angrily and drops the rock. You jump to the side as it falls. It lands on the ground next to you, but hits your shoulder and scrapes your arm on the way down. You cry out in pain and sink to the ground, clutching your shoulder.

"Oh my gosh, y/n, I'm so sorry!" Cole yelps. He picks you up and carries you into the monastery. "Come on--Sensei will know what to do."

You hope he's right. The cuts on your arm are stinging, and your shoulder screams in pain every time your arm moves.

Inside the monastery, Sensei Wu surveys your arm and shoulder critically. "Cole, I thought I warned you to be careful when doing weight exercises."

"But I--I--" Cole protests weakly.

Sensei Wu ignores him. "Go and fetch some bandages for y/n's arm while I see to her shoulder."

Cole looks at the floor. "Yes, Sensei," he mumbles. He turns and slowly shuffles out of the room.

After he's gone, Sensei Wu busies himself by carefully probing your arm and shoulder. Finally, he he announces, "You were lucky, y/n. Your shoulder is only dislocated. It could have been much worse."

At that moment, Jay runs into the room. "Cole told me to get bandages and come in here. What happened?"

"Y/n had a slight mishap," Sensei Wu explains. "Would you please talk to her for a moment while I examine her shoulder?"

"You already did that!" you protest. "Wasn't once enough?"

"No."

Jay starts telling you a funny story about how Zane once wore a pink apron to make dinner while Sensei Wu pokes and prods at your shoulder some more. Suddenly, you yelp as a wrenching pain goes through your shoulder.

You turn and glare at Sensei Wu. "Ow!"

Sensei Wu ignores your outburst. "How does your shoulder feel now, y/n?"

"In pain, how do you think?! ...wait..." you carefully move your shoulder around. "It feels way better now! How did you do that?"

"Excellent," Sensei Wu replies. "Jay, would you please find Cole and to him I wish to speak with him? Y/n, hold still for a moment while I bandage those scrapes."

Jay leaves in search of Cole while Sensei Wu cleans and bandages your scrapes. You try to talk to him a few times, but he ignores you. Finally, you get fed up and use your free arm to grab Sensei Wu's staff and hit the top of his hat with it.

"What was that for, y/n?" Sensei Wu demands.

"That was for ignoring me! This wasn't Cole's fault at all," you say angrily. "The whole thing was an accident. He only dropped that rock because Lloyd hit him with a water balloon."

"Oh." Sensei Wu pauses for a minute. "Perhaps I jumped to conclusions."

You sigh and stand up. "No kidding. I'm going to go find Cole."

You find Cole in the training room, halfheartedly beating up a punching bag. When he notices you, he runs over and starts to hug you, but stops himself at the last second.

"Y/n! Is your shoulder okay?" Cole asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine now," you reply. "It was just dislocated. Sensei Wu fixed it up in two seconds."

Cole sighs in relief. "Thank goodness. I never would have been able to forgive myself if you'd been seriously hurt. Can you forgive me?"

You smile. "It's fine, Cole. I know it was an accident. Just be more careful next time, okay?"

"Okay," Cole says, returning your smile. "But I'm going to kill Lloyd."