When Death Comes a'Knocking

Title: "When Death Comes a'Knocking"
Rating: PG13 (profane language)
Barty and some other Death Eaters apprehend Frank and Alice Longbottom and torture them into insanity.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~

I listened half-heartedly as Bellatrix went on about "how we should have done it." As if this was all some kind of rehearsal for a play.

  "They mentioned a son," she said as she paced back and forth in front of me, twirling her thick, black hair around her wand, "we should have taken the child, too."

  I clutched my throbbing arm to my chest. It had long since been healed, but it still hurt like hell. The blood stain seemed to get bigger. Bellatrix, Rabastan, Rodolphus, and I had taken (and captured) some of the most well-respected Aurors of the time. They were bound in the other room. Bella had managed to come out relatively unscathed, while I had only received the gash from Alice Longbottom. The other two, who had taken on Frank, weren't so lucky. Or skilled for, that matter, I thought.

  Rudy - as Bella called him - had actually been knocked out from blood loss, and Rabastan was asleep. I, having worked on both of their injuries, had just come in to find Bella gloating and got dragged into her fantasies. If she feels that way, she can heal her own damn husband.

  I held nothing against Bella... except her recklessness. No, I mocked her in my head, we have to do this as loudly as possible. We have to get caught!
Going back for the child, whose location was unknown, wasn't the best idea in the world. The others agreed, and also concurred the Auror's would be more likely to talk if their son was on the line. That's all we wanted, information.

  "That's daft!" I exclaimed, catching the last bit of another Bella-rant. Take on Dumbledore and topple the Ministry my arse. I wasn't against it, it just wouldn't work. Not remotely.

  "Aw," she cooed sarcastically, "does wittle Barty Crouch Jr. have a better plan?"

  "Wake the others," I ignored her for the most part, but I couldn't hide the irritation in my voice. I towered over Bellatrix - an entire foot - and she noticed.

  She turned tail with a small "hmph" and stalked out.

  We had found a cabin. It was worn down and completely abandoned, but it was charmed to the max, just incase the Ministry came looking. I traced the designs on the dust-laden wood before opening the door.

  I moved to stand near the corner and admired our handiwork. Two Aurors wasn't bad, and they had information that could help facilitate Voldemort's return. Smirking, I leaned back against the wall. I would enjoy this.

~

  "Alright, we're here," Rudy rubbed his eyes, although he looked more creepy than tired. It must run in the family. 

  One of our captives, Alice, blinked at them. "Crouch..." she said in a quiet, pleading voice, "you're Barty Crouch's son... What would your father think?"

  At the mention of my father, all warmth - if any - left me.

  "Information," I said in feigned thoughtfulness, stepping forward and pointing my wand at the woman, "on the Dark Lord's downfall. Locations, dates, numbers, groups, gossip, theories, and names are all appreciated."