Chapter 17

I was sitting in the living room with Raymond. I invited him over so that we could talk. He had been fucking up lately and I needed him to get his shit together or I was going to kick his ass to the curb like garbage.

"So umm.. I wanted to talk to you about what we're going through. I feel like we aren't on the same page about some things, and things are not being handled correctly." I said trying not to just yell at him. I really was mad as fuck.

"I'm sorry for not talking to you. I just needed to get my head together. I mean, I'm not getting any younger. I want children Quantis." He said looking at me.

"Raymond, I'm not ready. Believe it or not, I don't even like kids all that much. I need time. I will have kids eventually when I'm mature and ready enough to handle that responsibility. I don't know how else to tell you that." I said closing my eyes in frustration.

"I can understand that. I just want to have kids within the next five years... with you. Quantis, I want you to be the one to have my kids. I can only see me doing that with you." He said.

A new understanding came along at that moment. He did love me as much as I loved him if not more. So much so that I was the only person he wanted to have kids with. He wanted to be a family with me. I just wasn't ready right now though. Maybe in a couple years though.

"Well just give me a year or two. I need to grow up first Raymond. I just graduated from college two years ago. I'm not ready to just hope up and start a family just yet. I want a career and I want to be married before I have kids. I don't wanna just be a baby momma. I want the whole nine yards. I mean, maybe we coule get married in a year or two then I'll get pregnant and we can have ad many kids as you want." I said.

"You promise?" He said looking at me with a kiddy expression.

"I can't promise that because god forbid we don't work out, it wouldn't happen, but if we do, I'll be marrying you and having your children." I said with a smile.

"I love you Quantis. I love you so much." He said grabbing me into a hug.

I felt safe and warm in his arms. I damn near fell asleep. It was like, whatever fragrance he wears be having me sleepy as fuck. Does he wear Nyquil?

"I love you too Raymond." I said before kissing him.

At that moment, I knew we would work out. I just knew it. Nobody else could love me like this man could. Nobody else could make me feel like I was the creme of the crop. Nobody could do that but he could. That's what I absolutely loved about him. He was such a great man.

A year later

I think I was ready. I was ready to marry this man. He had been a great boyfriend and made me feel so loved and understood when I needed something even if it wasn't something he wanted. Sure we had our arguments here and there, but wr atill loved each other. That was all that mattered right?

"Raymind baby we need to talk." I said walking yp to him as he laid on the couch watching Jerry Springer.

"Yes my queen?" He said looking at me.

"I'm ready." I said.

"Ooh baby let me get my condoms--" I had to cut his nasty ass off.

"No, I'm ready to get married. I'm ready to have that bond." I said.

"I've been waiting to hear that for a while. What kid of ring you want?" He asked.

"I don't care as long as it comes from you." I said smiling.

"I'm a get you a boss ass ring. I swear. We gon be walking around and you gon be blinding people with yo wedding ring." He said smiling.

"Wow really?" I said laughing.

"Yup. I'll do anything for you and to let niggas know that you mines." He said.

"Well you do what you gotta do big pappa. In the mean time, I'll be waiting in the bedroom for you to give me that baby you wanted." I said before getting up and walking off to the bedroom.

I felt like the luckiest woman in the entire world. I love that man with all my heart and I'm willing to give him a kid and to become his wife. He makes me happy. Nobody else could do that but him. That's why I love him.

I'll stop the world and melt with you.

The end.