I guess after that.. everything changed.

"Hey," said a deep voice catching my attention.

I looked left only to find Little Oars Junior and his ship. Yeah they'd just joined us now, considering we were all going to get Ace because he got his stupid, stubborn, flamed ass caught.

But as I looked at Oars, I saw he was still wearing that hat Ace made him. In fact, I remember that whole thing as if it were yesterday..

---flashback---

"Aki!!"

I sighed.

"Yeah that's my name! Don't wear it out." I said as I got up from lying on the deck, to see who had called me and what they wanted.

"Aki!" grinned Ace as he reached me.

"Yeah what's up?" I asked with a grin as we did our handshake.

Yeah I know what you're thinking, you wish you had an awesome handshake with someone but you don't! Mwhahahah okay sorry I better get back to it.

"Pop's wants to see us," he said with that adorable smile of his.

"K!" I grinned as I began following him to the Captains headquarters. "Do you know what it's about?" I asked him.

"Not really," he said with a laugh. "But I think we gotta go and do something for someone?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Well aren't you a helpful one?"

He just chuckled at my response.

~

Once we reached Pop's, we stond in front of him, side by side.

"Ah," he started as a smile appeared on his face. "Just the pair I wanted to see."

I grinned.

"When wouldn't you wana see us?" I asked.

He let out a loud chuckle.

"Anyway," he started. "I need you both to go and help out Little Oars Junior and his mates. They were attacked recently and are building things back up."

"So you want us to build things? The Flame Duo who is known to destroying everything they touch?" I asked him confused.

"Not as such, the two of you are more like backup if they get attacked again. He does live on our island so if anyone attacks, it’s our job to settle the score."

I felt a smirk tugging on my lips. I'm always up for settling the score.

"So when do we leave?" asked Ace as he took a few steps forward, taking the log pose Pop's handed us.

"After you eat."

"Sweet as!" I said grinning. "Alright Ace, let's get ready!" I laughed as I grabbed his hand and ran, dragging him along with me.

~

Once we ate a hell of a lot, we both grabbed our bags and were on our way to Little Oars Jr's island.

"Ah that sure was a good meal!" I said with a grin as I lay down on the Stirkers floor while Ace used his fire to keep us moving.

"It was!" he added with a grin.

"But why do you think he's sending us? I mean if it was back up, wouldn't he send one of the divisions instead of us two?" I asked him confused.