Come And Get Me

Doctor's P.O.V

I fell asleep without trying, something that hasn't happened in forever. I wake up to Daisy poking me in the ribs.

"We should probably find Clar- I mean... um the Envader." Her words make my throat tighten. The Envader. Not Clara.

"I don't know if I can do this," I voice my fear outloud, to my surprise. I start fiddling with one of the buttons on my shirt. "It's still Clara's body. I could never hurt her."

"You wouldn't be hurting her. No one can hurt her anymore. But we can still help her. I'm sure she'd appreciate it if we stopped someone else from walking around and causing destruction in her dead body." I wince at her bluntness and she takes notice.

"Sorry," she says sheepishly,"I don't really think through the things I say sometimes."

I slowly push myself off the bed, but I can't seem to get my feet to move more than that. Daisy grabs my hand and pulls me through the corridors to the control room. After leading me up the steps to the console she pushes me down into a nearby chair. My body immediately slumps into it. My head feels so heavy I don't even try to hold it up. I just stare down at my croaked bowtie feeling doeful. I hear Daisy sigh and walk to the console. I subconsciously trust that she knows what she's doing. After a moment of hearing clicks and buttons being pressed Daisy sighs again, this time more frustrated.

"I loved her too Doctor, but now is not the time get mopey. Can you pull down the scanner for me?" I looks up at Daisy who's head just goes over the top of the console. I slowly bring myself to my feet. She's right; moping around is not going to help stop the Envader and I have to fight through my grief no matter how buried I am in it. Doesn't mean it's going to be easy. I reach up and drag the scanner down so we can both see it. The Gallifreyian words on the screen fade away and a new image takes it's place. Daisy covers her mouth to muffle her gasp while I stare in stunned silence.

There were piles off cars smashed into each other or stalled on the busy streets. A jagged crack ran through underneath the cars, threatening to get wider with each second. People ran panicked and screaming, jumping over vehicles, pulling children out of cars, sobbing over unconscious bodies. A truck swerved just to collide into a unmoving bus filled with people rushing to get off. I jerk at the loud crunching sound as the bus turns over onto another car. In the distance there is an explosion spraying dust and fire into the air.

"How can we find her?," I grit out, my sadness being replaced with determination.

"The Tardis is locked on her coordinates. We should see her." We both start searching for her. I concentrate on all the brunettes until one sticks out immensely. She's the only one not running. She stands tall against a pole in a long tan coat while everyone else runs past her. She looks deep in thought but then her head snaps up and she looks right at us. Her eyes light up and she slowly smirks. My eyes widen in surprise then narrow as she raises her fore finger and curls it. I can practically here her meaning as if she whispered it coily in my ear. Come and get me.

Sorry these chapters are so short. I'm trying to get back into the swing of things. Lol, comment and vote. Question: What were your rookie whovian mistakes? You know, the mistakes you first made when you stared to like Doctor Who. Mine were, and I think this is the most common mistake, I called the Doctor "Doctor Who" instead of the Doctor. And I couldn't remember what Tardis stood for. I always had to ask my friend what it stood for. My other friend would call Daleks "Darleks". So stuff like that. Comment your answers!

-LOWK (And LOWH could be lots of whouffle hugs and LOWHH could be lots of whouffle hand holding!)