Getting Settled (Chapter 4)

Start from the beginning

"Yes!!!!! I promise, Hayley." Katie said, putting her hands on her hips and giving me that look that she always gives me when she refuses to let me believe something other then what she is telling me.

"Okay, okay. I believe, you." I said, laughing.

Katie grabbed me by the arm and led me back up to her house, so that we could continue what was left of our, meeting.

(End Of Flashback.)

I sighed as the memory went away and the plane came back into view. That day changed everything. Katie was always late for meetings and anything she wanted to do. Like if she scheduled for us to go to the mall on a Saturday, she would either be late or she would not show up at all. I learned to get used to it, and after awhile it got easier. But I still missed Katie, and I still do. We are not like we used to be and that is why I use every chance I get, to spend with her. Like the Aidan Smith concert. I would never have gone to one of those if it had not been for the fact that Katie was the one that wanted to, go. But then she ended up leaving and ditching me. So I had to get a ride from none other then himself, Aidan Smith. But this Miami trip was going to be different. I was going to have fun and I was going to make sure I got to spend some time with, Katie. Without Jared around. It was not that I did not like him. But he did not seem right for Katie to me. He was a little jerky and sometimes he could be sweet. But from what I had seen of him, he was the possessive type. The ones who watched your every move and read your text messages. In the long run, I would not be surprised if he became abusive. But for now, he did not seem like he had ever put his hands on, Katie. I would know if he, did.

"Eeep!!!!! Hayley, we are here!!!!!" Katie squealed, her voice rising an octave as she carried out the eeee part.

"Geez. Calm, down." I replied, rolling my eyes.

"How can, I? We are in Miami Florida!!!!! Are you not excited at, all?" Katie asked, jumping up and down, as Jared came up behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist.

"Yeah. I am, excited." I told her, smiling.

"Now, now. Calm down, Katie. We have not even gotten off of the plane, yet." Jared said, rolling his eyes, as he rested his chin ontop of her head.

"But, Jared!" She whined, looking at me with pleading eyes, trying to get me to help her.

"Yeah. Why should she not already be excited, Jared?" I asked, coming to her rescue.

"Well. I meant that she needed to stop acting like a drama queen and start acting her normal age until we at least got off of the plane."

Jerk. Sigh. He had no reason to even tell her that she could not be excited. Katie was like a kid at heart. She was excited about, everything. And when I say everything I do mean, everything.

“Jared. Baby, come on. Let me have some fun. It is not everyday I get to go to, Miami, Florida!” Katie shouted, pumping her fist in the air, her eyes lighting up with excitement.

“Yeah. Jared. Let her have her, fun.” I said, getting to my feet and grabbing my suitcase out of the cubbies and then making my way out of the plane, hoping Jared and Katie were following behind me.

“Why should, I?” Jared asked, keeping our conversation going as we all made our way outside and over to where a car was, waiting.

“Because you love me.” Katie answered, reaching behind and kissing Jared on the lips, her arms going up around his neck as she pulled him closer, and pressed herself even closer to him.

I turned away and continued my way to the car, where all of Jared and Katie’s friends had managed to make it before us. They were all leaning against the car, talking. Their suitcases laying on the ground by the car, as if they were waiting for someone to put them in the trunk for them, instead of doing it, themselves.

“Why can ya‘ll not do it yourselves? You all have perfectly good hands.” I commented, putting my suitcase in the trunk.

“Well. We did not, know that we were supposed to put them up, ourselves.” One of the guys, snickered.

I frowned. How do you not know that you are supposed to put your own suitcase up? How does that even make any sense? Oh. That is, right. It did not make any, sense. At all.

“Yeah.” One of them, agreed.

“Uh, Hayley?” Katie asked, quietly, coming up behind me.

“What?” I asked, confused.

“We have a person to do, that.” Katie said, smiling, as the boys, including, Jared, laughed.

“Someone to put the suitcases in the trunk?” I asked, crossing my arms, as I felt my cheeks go a bright red from embarrassment.

How was I supposed to know that they had someone to put their suitcases up? I was not rich. I had to do things on my own.

“Yes.” Kate replied, closing the trunk as she led me away from the car and over to the doors, where the driver was opening them, for us to get in.

I sighed and watched as Katie reached across my lap, so that she could sit by Jared. How long was this going to last? How long did she insist to stay as close to him as possible?

**********************************************************************************************************

Finally uploaded! Everyone thank Tibs13 because she wrote this whole chapter. I'm way to tired right now to write, maybe tomarrow...ANYWAY...

Please comment/vote/fan!

Thanks!