Getting Settled (Chapter 4)

Chapter 4: Getting settled.

The long plane ride to Miami was not what I expected. Considering the fact that Katie and Jared played kissy kissy smooch smooch the entire way there. I mean come on. Some of us are not as lucky as them. Some of us actually have to fight to have what they have. I am not saying that I want to have a boyfriend. But I would like to have someone that cared about, me. Someone to hold me and kiss me, jut like Jared does, Katie. I want someone I can trust.

Katie and Jared were just to close. They never separated. I am not saying that there is anything wrong with that. But you have to have some kind of freedom. You can not just kiss and hold hands and hug every second of every day, which is what they did. I was honestly starting to wonder if Katie even cared about of friendship at all. I knew she did. Somewhere deep inside, I knew she did. She was just to caught up in Jared to realize it. It had been different before Katie started dating, Jared. It was three years ago when we were 14. We were what best friends were supposed to be. Inseparable. No one could tear us apart. I was either spending my entire weekend at, Katies or she was spending it at, mine. We have known each other since were 7. And from that point on, until two weeks after Katie's fifteenth birthday, we were like two peas in a pod. But two weeks after she turned fifteen, was the day she met, Jared. Jared Collins.

(Flashback.)

I waited for my best friend, Katie, on the steps of her house, but she never showed. I waited for at least four hours and she never showed. She was always on time. Katie was never late for one of our meetings. Or hangouts. Or playdates. Whatever you want to call them. She was the one who came up with these, ideas and she was also the one to come up with where we should meet up.

So why was she not, here????? Why did she insist on making me wait?????

I rose to my feet and decided to just go for a walk. To think. And to clear my head. I needed to think of why she would do this. Why she would abandon me. There had to be a reason. Katie did not just 'forget' about our meetings. She always remembered. If anyone was the one to forget, it would be, me.

"Hayley!!!!!" Katie's voice rang out from behind me, as I heard the sound of her shoes coming

from behind me. From the sound of it, she sounded like she was, running.

"Oh. Look who decided to show." I retorted, looking at her, the anger I had not realized I had spilling out of me.

"Hayley. I am so, sorry. It was just this boy, He kept me talking longer than I thought he, would. And then I lost track of time..... And he was just so, cute!!!!!" Katie said, sighing. Her eyes lit up at

the though of this boy and I wondered what it was about this boy that made her so, happy.

"You still abandoned me for four hours, Katie. Four hours." I told her, shaking my head.

"I know. And there really is no excuse for that, Hayley. I am really, sorry. And I have every intention of making it up to, you." Katie said, looking down at her hands as her brown hair fell over her face, making her look innocent.

"I just do not understand how this boy could be more important then, me." I said, looking at her, knowing I had already forgiven her. How could I not. Katie was truly sorry. I could tell by the look in her eyes.

"He is not more important than, you!!!!! Hayley, that is not it as all. The fact is. I just lost track of time and when I finally realized what time it was, I came rushing back her to apologize." Katie said, looking up at me, her brown eyes staring at me, hoping that I would just understand and forgive her.

"Do you promise that was all it was????? That it was just because you lost track of, time?????" I asked her, crossing my arms and looking at her, waiting for an answer.