28

Stiles arrived in his jeep after a while, asking many questions, as according to him I looked like I was going to throw up.

"What's going on?" Theo asked as we stepped inside.

I averted my eyes from him, feeling my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.

"Whoever's stealing the bodies probably isn't going to do it while we're standing guard over one of them" Stiles said, completely oblivious to the tension between Theo and I.

"So you've got a better idea?" Theo questioned.

Stiles pulled his phone out of his pocket and propped it up so that the camera was facing Josh's body.

I looked up at him. "I take that as a yes"

The three of us locked up the Animal Clinic and headed to Stiles' jeep.

"What happens now?" Theo asked.

"We wait" Stiles replied bluntly.

"You want to take shifts watching?"

"No, no. I want to spend some quality time with you" Stiles retorted back coldly.

"Sounds good to me" Theo said.

I laughed, stretching out across the back seats.

"Anyone got any popcorn?"

~

I sighed, shifting to a more comfortable sleeping position.

"What's the deal with you and Kara?"

I paused upon hearing Stiles say my name.

"She's a nice girl" I heard Theo reply.

"Too good for you" Stiles scoffed.

I tried to hide my smile.

Theo chuckled. "You're probably right"

"Do you like her?"

He didn't answer and my heart sunk.

"I think she likes you" Stiles said quietly, as if he could sense I was now awake.

"Would you kill me if I did like her?"

"No" Stiles said bluntly. "But Liam might"

It took everything in me not to laugh. Or move, actually. Do you even know how difficult it is to pretend you're sleeping?

"I think I'll take my chances"

"I honestly hope to god she doesn't like you but I want her to be happy. But remember if you break her heart, I will break you. So will Scott and Liam. Probably Malia too. In fact, all of us will. So just don't hurt her"

"You know who you remind me of?" Theo asked.

"Theo, I don't care"

"My sister. She was smarter than everyone too. And a pain in the ass like you. But she always looked out for me. The same way you look out for Scott and Kara. And everyone. You know, I was the one that found her body. She'd fallen into a creek, broken her leg. They told us she would've been okay if it wasn't one of the coldest nights of the year. If it wasn't for the hypothermia. And when I found her, all I could think was that I should've known. That I should've been looking out for her"

"Why are you telling me this?"

"I'm telling you because even if you don't trust me and even if you don't like me, I'm still going to be looking out for you guys" Theo said. "The way I should have been looking out for her"