25

"Did you really think it was okay to do that? Did you think you'd get away with that!" Mom yelled as soon as I slammed the front door closed.

Liam just huffed and went to shove past me but I grabbed my angry brother's shoulders.

"Don't you dare think you're going to disappear up into your room with out a god damn apology!" I snapped.

"What did I even do to you!"

"Do you think I can really set foot into that school because of what you did? No I'm going to have to fucking transfer with you-"

"Language" mom cautioned but I ignored her. I was so mad I couldn't even see properly through the haze of rage.

"I have friends there, okay. A social life. My grades are the best they've ever been. And you decide to make one big fucking mess of everything. You've not just ruined this for yourself but you've ruined it for me too"

"That's not my problem" he started to push past me again.

"Don't you dare walk away from me you-"

"Kara leave this to me" Mom placed a hand on my shoulder but I shrugged her off.

"I hope that demolishing coach's car was worth this" I said through gritted teeth. "Because I will never ever forgive you"

"I don't even care what you think! I don't care about you or your threats!" He yelled. "You mean nothing to me. All of you"

"Kara" the voice echoed in my head. "Kara!" the persons voice became frantic. "Kara come on!"

Theo's face in front of mine startled me and I looked around, wondering where Liam and mom had gone.

As I started to panic, my breathing got heavier and more rapid.

"Hey, hey, hey. Kara!" Theo placed his hands on my shoulders but I scooted away.

"I can't breathe" I choked out, my voice scratchy.

"It's okay, it's okay. What do you usually do when you have a panic attack?"

"I don't. I've never had a panic attack. I don't know what to do, I don't know what to do!"

"Kara! Kara listen to me, okay. You need to focus on something"

I shook my head as tears fell from my eyes. My whole body started to heat up and I could feel my cheeks getting flushed.

I shrugged my jacket off and threw it beside me, still trying to slow my breathing.

"Kara look at me" I turned my attention to Theo. "You need to focus on something else"

I shook my head, my whole body shaking.

Theo grabbed my hand.

"Okay, you need to think about something else. Remember when we first met? You hated me. In fact you probably still do, despite my efforts to get you to trust me"

All I could do was nod my head.

"Okay, so remember that heart to heart we had outside the hospital. That was cool, right. I mean I thought we'd hit a turning point until you went back to hating me again"

"And then Malia almost killed us" I cut in.

"Yeah, yeah. Always great to look on the positive side of things. But hey, we're alive right now. We had another heart to heart too how nice was that. I even lent you my shirt, now come on I've got have earned some points for that"

"Maybe a couple" I admitted.

"You looked good in that shirt. In fact you always look good. Your outfits are amazing and you have a great figure. You're actually a nice person unless you're speaking to me. That's okay though. It doesn't stop me from caring. It doesn't stop me from having these feelings for you"

"You're a dick"

Theo sighed in relief. "There you are"

I suddenly noticed that my erratic breathing had slowed down to a normal pace.

"How did-how did you do that?"

"You needed a distraction"

I nodded. "Nice one" I ran a hand through my hair, trying to process what just happened. "Wait hang on a minute what feelings?"

"Oh I just- nevermind"

"No, no, no. Tell me more? Theo Raeken actually has a heart?"

He smiled. "I'm glad to see you back to your old self"

I wasn't exactly feeling back to my old self.

I felt emotionally drained. Like the slightest thing could just tip me over the edge again.

"Hey, Theo wait" I grabbed his hand. He looked down and frowned when I wouldn't let go.

"I um-" Our eyes met and I bit my lip, staring at his perfectly soft looking ones- which I suddenly really wanted to kiss oh my god what is happening to me.

"Don't do that" he said, his voice low and raspy.

"Do what?"

"Bite your lip. It makes me want to kiss you"

I was literally speechless. And instead of firing something sassy back, I did something stupid.

I kissed him.