Chapter 16

Jessie's Perspective

With Zach's reckless driving, us teasing him and stories being told, it felt almost normal being in this car – as if we weren't just attacked by a man eating, horrifying, traumatizing hybrid of a dinosaur.

"There's a gate!" I cheered, happily before Zach crashed through it, making the gate open wildly. "That you crashed through..." However Gray was laughing wildly and Zach made noises showing that he was impressed with himself, making me chuckle as well.

"Wo, ho, ho, ho, hoooo." He gleefully proclaimed while I stared into the rearview mirror. "Okay... That's it." At this point, Zach's voice, especially his comfort words has actually taken an impact on how I feel. "We're safe now."

"Maybe not..." I trailed off as Gray turned his head to face the carnivorous Pteranodon's and Dimorphodon's flying in the air, chasing after us. "You need to hurry up!" I screamed.

"Go! Go! Go!" Gray warned, while hitting the front part of the car. Zach seemed clueless to what the birds were, but as I joined Gray in the chorus of 'Go's, he got the message.

He pushed down on the accelerator and the car darted through the path between the trees.

Goddammit, another gate.

"HEY!" We all started screaming, trying to get the guards to open the gates. "OPEN THE GATES!" Zach started honking as Gray and I yelled and made noises.

"C'MONNN!" Gray and Zach started yelling, while I kept with the traditional 'open the gates.' Gray, Zach and I were screaming whatever the hell could actually get us inside, such as 'let us in', 'open the gates', 'come on' and so on due to the guards just standing there. We are so persuasive.

The carnivorous dinosaurs started soaring above us, as if they were birds that would peck your eyes out.

After seeing the guards answer a call, the doors opened and we passed through the gates. We parked as soon as we could and ran out, Zach grabbing Gray's and my hand, squeezing – at least mine, extremely tightly.

"HI ZARA!" I screamed, as we ran past Zara who was calling for the boys by the Gentle Giants. The crowd was acting crazy, running different directions.

"Jessie? When did you join them?" Zara sounded surprise from afar as she tried to keep up. "STOP RUNNING!" She instructed, an instruction we all ignored. We were soon caught between a groups of the air dinosaurs flying around in a circle, trapping us in it's midst. Zach let go of us, but put me behind him. Gray started trying to run, but I jumped from behind and took hold of his shoulders.

"Wait, no!" I screamed, pulling him back as all three of us just stood there.

"DON'T JUST STAND THERE!" Zara's posh accent screamed, as she walked towards us. Due to the speed she walked at, the dinosaur got her, I was unable to tell which dinosaur it was, however it picked her up with it's talons and started flying into the air. Gray let out a fearful noise, making me wrap my arms around his shoulders, keeping him close.

Zara's screams were terrifying as she flew farther and farther away, her voice as loud as someone yelling into a microphone in a quiet room. They kept dropping her and dropping her, only to be caught by another.

That's how they kill.

"Shit." I mumbled under my breath as she fell into the Mosasaurus feeding tank. The bird like dinosaurs followed after her, before dragging her out the water, dropping her in and out of it, over and over again. Gray sprinted towards the railing as Zach took hold of my hand and pulled us towards the railing.

That's when the Mosasaurus came out the water, a huge roar coming out his mouth as it gobbled up both Zara and the other dinosaur. I hid my head in Zach's shoulder, while he wrapped his arm around me, patting my back in comfort.

Zara wasn't done with her life. She was young and she was getting married in a month. That was such a gruesome way to die.

"GO, GET INSIDE!" Zach screamed, after the initial shock. He pushed Gray ahead of us to go get inside a random building. "NOW!" I pushed him forwards, making him look back at me.

"GO AHEAD!" I screamed back at him, while running towards a lost little girl, but he refused. He took my arm and dragged me with him, still pushing Gray. "ZACH! I'LL BE RIGHT THERE." I hastily pulled my arm out, shoving him forwards before running towards the little girl, crying for her mother.

"Come on," I grabbed the little girl, carrying her in my arms as I ran to the direction I came from when a firing squad blocked me from the other side. I recognized immediately one of the first people in the line up.

Uncle.