Chapter 8

Owen Grady's Perspective

Minutes earlier.

"Claire!" I called, as soon as I saw the ginger in the white outfit looking around the innovation center. She called me, and she never does. It must be something important.

"I need you." She sounded desperate. I looked her up and down, and saw her body language. She did need me.

"Okay." I accepted.

"I need your help, my nephews." She took deep and panic breaths. "They're out in the valley, please. If anything happens to them-." I took her arm, pulling her to the side. My niece was out there too, I don't know if she was with her nephews or by herself, however I needed to know she was safe. She was practically my daughter.

"How old?" I inquired.

"Uh, the uhm," She pressed her lips together in though, her eyes watery. "The older one, he's like a, he's high school age. The younger one, he's, uhm, he's..." She's clearly forgotten their ages, as she tried to mimic their heights with her hand. I can't believe that. How could you ever forget your niece or nephews age? Jessie is sixteen and about nine months. "A few years..." Okay, done with this shit. We need to get them out.

"You don't know how old your nephews are?" She was about to yell at me, but I saw her face soften, pulling back. "Listen, we have to go now. My niece is out there too. You know her." I panted. "There's an emergency vehicle to take." With that, we ran out the innovation center and into the white company van.

I just hope the kids are all right.