Prologue

"Bye mom!" I kissed my mothers cheek, "Bye Harry." I hugged my mom's boyfriend, who saved me from the miserable life I have been living.

You see, in 2000, when I was turning one, my dad died and my mom became an alcoholic. My mom's brother, Owen, then got custody of me and I lived with him until my mother was confirmed sober for two years last year. He lived a few miles off Jurassic World, due to his raptor training and behavioral researcher jobs. When the raptors were born, I was only two and I made an imprint on some of them. I grew up with them, helped train them and learned a lot about it.

You may ask, what about education. Uncle Owen gave me textbooks, home schooling and online classes. If ever he was busy and I needed to learn, he sent one of the other workers, including Barry - his best friend, or assistants from the Innovation Center. I also had Dinosaur 101 up close and personal. Apparently, I read a lot ahead so I was top of my class when I lived with my mom and her boyfriend in Boston.

I worked there a lot. Uncle Owen and Barry thought I was just as good as them when it came to training and the dinosaurs. InGen, the organization that revived the dinosaurs, had a desire to experiment on me - inject me with raptor blood, the idea produced by the knowledge I had so much exposure with a great relationship with these creatures.

It was 2015, I was now sixteen and a full on trainer, having a year left to online classes and textbooks due to the advancements I made. My mom got me back last year, but I was bullied and absolutely miserable in the public school I went too. Luckily, Harry convinced her to return to my Uncle, who also kept begging my mother to let me return.

"Be safe, okay?" My mother, Jennifer assured, holding my shoulders. Her blue eyes staring into my brown ones, with her black hair pouring down her shoulders - contrasting with my brown one. Apparently, all my genes were from my dad with some of my mothers. I was finally her height, 5'6 - one of the only things I've got from her.

"Okay, mom." I rolled my eyes, causing Harry to chuckle.

"Jen, Jessie is fine." Harry smirked, wrapping his arm around my mothers shoulder. "She has been there before, and even when she was younger." Harry nudged him. "You have all your stuff, right?" Harry double-checked.

"Yes, with the new stuff remaining in the closet." I added, smirking slightly as I followed the arrangement we made. I'll visit Boston during winter, so I would leave the clothes my mom bought for me and winter stuff in Boston, while bringing all my other clothes to the bungalow.

"You have to call us every two weeks and visit during winter." My mother started repeating the deal to the point I drowned out.

"Mom, I get it." I sighed.

"We have to let her go at some point." Harry chuckled before enveloping me in a hug. "Bye Jessie, be safe." He kissed my forehead, before he handed me to my mother. My mother then gave me a hug, holding me tightly and I headed off to boarding.