How You Meet (Ally)

(Y/N) = (Your Name)
(Y/F/N) = (Your Friends Name)
(Y/M/N) = (Your Moms Name)
(Y/U/N) = (Your Uncles Name)

Your POV

*BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP* *BEEP*

"Someone make it stop! Please!!" I roll over on my bed to reach my alarm clock. Why on earth is it ringing at 5.30 am? I groan as I hit the top of it to turn it off and throw it somewhere at the other side of my room. As I finally start to doze off again, someone barges through my door and yanks the blanket off my previously warm body, leaving the freezing cold air to come into contact with my skin.

"Nuh-uh! Get up, you have work remember."

"Mom! Do I have to?"

"Yes, you do. Your uncle (Y/U/N) didn't give you this job so you can slack off! You're supposed to be trying to prove yourself. He's putting his neck on the line for you and I won't let you make him look bad! Now, come on get up!"

I groan loudly before slowly getting off my bed and making my way to the bathroom attached to my room. I had almost fallen back asleep in the shower when I heard my mom banging on the door and telling me to hurry up.

After putting on a black shirt with the word 'crew' written on the back, along with a pair of ripped skinny jeans and a pair of Vans, I made my way downstairs and into the kitchen where (Y/M/N), my dearest mother was waiting on me.

"You certainly took your time. What took you so long?" I avoided her question and instead asked my own.

"Remind me again why I have to do this?"

She rolled her eyes before replying. "Because you asked for a job and he gave you one! Why are you being so down about this? You usually like little projects like this."

"I like them better when I don't have to get up at this godly hour!"

"Stop being so over-dramatic! Sometimes I think you should be in front of the camera rather than behind it!"

In case you're wondering, which I'm sure you are, my uncle directs videos. Not big ones like films and stuff, the smaller ones like music videos or commercials. I'm like an assistant to him. I usually have to set up the equipment or put it away. I've had to get coffee a few times too, which I hate! There are good days though when he'll actually let me get behind the camera and do some filming and directing myself, so that sort of makes it worth it (😏).

After I finished my breakfast my mom literally pushed me out the door and into my car. You can tell how much she loves me. I put the key in the ignition and began the hour long journey to where the shoot was located.

I arrived ten minutes earlier than expected and made my way inside the building to find my uncle and find out what I'd be doing today. I couldn't find him anywhere and I was sure I was going around in circles. Am I even in the right place?

"(Y/N)!" Oh thank god! I turned around to see my uncle approaching me with a big smile on his face.

"What's got you all smiley?" I asked as he pulled me into a bone crushing hug.

"Our clients. They're the biggest we've ever had and if all goes well and they're happy with the final product then there will be a big pay check coming our way along with recommendations to bigger clients!"

"Please don't tell me it's some stuck up asshole that's ego is too big for him to carry!"

"It's not a guy, it's a girl. Five of them actually. I've met them already and I can assure you they aren't stuck up and they don't have huge egos either."