19

Choice.

As the twins were talking, with Mabel on one side trying to convince that Bill is a good guy, Dipper was raising his arms in exasperation.

"Mabel! Listen to me! I know, I regret that I failed to save you the previous time, I really regretted my actions! Even now I don't care about the ridiculous journal anymore. I did it because, I lost you once, I'm doing all I can to stop you from being brainwashed into going to his side!"

They share a tight, all-knowing bond, where one could read the other's mind without any communication. Probably because of this Mabel understood. Probably because of this, despite the fact that he was mad and all at Bill, he made sure to not say anything too offensive about him in front of his sister. He still didn't quite understand it, and only knew bits and pieces of the whole situation.

The only thing he felt safe doing was to just convince her to stop this weird liking for him. He even suspected she had been brainwashed.

"Mabel, seriously though, why is he so special?"

She thought for a moment.

"I can see that he cares for me. He gives me a sense of security, whenever I'm with him, I feel kind of safe. Perhaps it's because I know he is all-knowing and all.. Then, I can feel that he cares for me, I don't know how to describe, I can just feel it.." she went on, pushing the letter deeper under her blanket.

Dipper listened, nodding his head. He klnd of heard the same thing from Bill when he questioned the poor demon.

He recalled him talking about how Mabel was the first who opened his heart and let him experience how it is like to care for someone through care and trust, human feelings that he had never experienced. (plus how he wants to protect her aww blah blah)

Then, as she was recounting her stuff, the room suddenly went from colour to dull grey.

"What-what's happening?" Dipper was alarmed for a second before he realised.

His voice came out as an echo. A malicious, sarcastic voice.

"Shooting Star, so how are you feeling? A bit better?"

"Hey who's this? Bill, I never knew you change clothes, Mabel what's the meaning of this?" Dipper looked at Mabel, to see her looking scared and shocked.

"Mabel? What's wrong?"

"He-he, you appeared in my nightmare! What are you doing here?!" Mabel was getting hysterical. She was really terrified, why was he here? Flashes of him torturing her appeared in her head.

Will did not do anything, he stood there, looking at Mabel, forcing her to recount the nightmare. He snickered and wiped his chin.

Dipper looked up, shouting, "Who are you? What nightmare? What are you doing to her?"  His voice echoed in the virtual portal.

He was not answered. Mabel let out a sudden scream as Will tortured her. She felt as if her head was tearing apart. The migraine was intense.

"BILL!" she shouted. He was the only one she could think of that could protect her.

---

( Bill's POV )

"Get out and face me you coward, stop avoiding me. What's done has to be done."

In less than a split second, Will appeared in front. It was as if he were challenging me.

Bring it on.

"What do you want from me?" he asked through telepathy.

I answered, "I know you want to harm Shooting Star, don't do that,"

"Uh that's it? Do you think I'm going to listen to you?"

"I don't know what exactly you will do, but I know what you want, and you are not getting her."

"With her out, you can go back to normal to torture and stop this nonsense. Who needs a woman in his life? What can she do for you that she's so precious? You are foolish, Bill Cipher."

"She is important to me. Stop that."

"Oh, like I'm going to listen to you," with a snap of his fingers, Will disappeared into thin air.

Oh no. I could predict my other self wanted to confront her. It's obvious, but I didn't expect him to do it so quickly.

Protect Mabel.

---

( back to the hospital )

"Oh no, he isn't coming, but you have me!" he said, spreading his arms out wide. He stopped the torture, as Mabel glared at him with eyes brimming with tears. Dipper did not get what was going on, and stared quietly.

"WHAT DO YOU WANT WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO BILL." The tears leaked out of her eyes as she wiped it away furiously.

He slapped her. The sound from the slap was deafening.

Dipper stood up in defence but  Will pointed a finger at him, daring him to continue. Dipper hesitated, looking at Mabel with a sad and helpless look.

Mabel's left cheek was burning red, and the handprint was evident. Tears streamed down her face as she bit her lip. She would not break down in front of anyone.

"I will make this quick. This is important, you must listen to me. LISTEN TO ME."

Reluctantly, she looked up at him.

"Good. Now, I will ask you a question. Pick your choice."

As if on cue, Bill arrived, panting.

His eyes widened at the state Mabel was in.

"WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO HER? MABEL ARE YOU OKAY?" Bill was shell-shocked.

He was about to walk up to Mabel and comfort her when a force pulled him back. Two magical cages appeared, one over Bill, the other over Dipper.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING STOP THIS IMMEDIATELY."

"HELP WHAT IS HAPPENING BILL SAVE US!"

With a silencing spell, Will shut them up.

"As I was saying, make a choice now. Your brother, or Bill Cipher? The person you choose lives, the other disappears from existence."

She let out an audible gasp. This was so sudden. How could she make such a huge decision suddenly? She wanted both.

"I give you 5 minutes."

Mabel looked at Bill for help.

---

i think this should be the problem of the story was it a bit too sudden? i think its too sudden what do u guyss think?

BTW, CLIFFHANGER :D