Searching and Battling the Dragons

Six Years Later...

Seventeen year old Aret walked through the village of Berk with an axe in one hand and a basket of survival things in another. The chief had called for another search of the Dragons Nest before the ice sets in and Aret volunteered to join the hunt. Not hearing a complaint, since the chief needed all the help he could get with Dragon-fighting Vikings, he quickly went home and packed up the stuff he would need to take on the way there.

Now he was prepared and ready to fight those pesky dragons. He was ready to avenge the daughter of the chief against these dragons. They were the reason she was dead in the first place and also the reason the wife of the chief was dead as well.

They may not have been lucky in finding the nest the last time with the Vikings being attacked and all but maybe Odin will give them luck and allow them to find the Nest. Aret sighed and hurried to the docks as the boats were about ready for take off. He stopped to see his family there with six year old Astrid waiting to say goodbye to him and wish him luck on his voyage.

"Good luck son, and be careful with those dragons," said his father as he gave his only, and eldest, son a hug.

Aret returned the hug and said "Don't worry dad. Remember, I am a Viking and was the top student in the class. So I will be okay."

"That still doesn't mean that we will be worried about you," reminded his mother tearfully as both father and son retracted from the hug so the mother could hug her son, hard, for, possibly, the last time.

"I will be fine mom, just take care of Astrid and don't let her go to Dragon Training just yet because she is not ready," Aret said to his mother as she retracted from the hug to look at her son for one last time.

His mom nodded her head and stepped back to allow Astrid to hug her big brother and say goodbye. The horn sounded from above to indicate that the ships were going to take off now and Aret said goodbye to all his family and friends. He quickly got on the boat the chief was on, with the rest of the gang from his class, and they set sail for Hellheim's Gate. Aret couldn't wait to avenge Hiccup's death and neither could the chief for Hiccup was his only child and she was the only thing he had left of Valka.

Sure he may have abused her but he was trying to push her to be a better Viking. But it never worked and she was gone even before she could ever go to Dragon Training to learn how to kill a dragon. Stoick sighed and shook his head before shouting "Set course for Hellheim's Gate!!"

~~~

A person sat on a dragon watching the ships leave Berk heading off to who-know's-where. The person could see that everyone was armed to the teeth and guessed that they were going to try and find the Dragon's Nest. But what everyone didn't know was there was something else that was causing the raids. Sighing, the person looked at the dragons behind it and nodded its head to them to indicate that it was time to end this war and stop this thing before more dragon lives are lost.

The dragons stood straight on all fours and prepared to take off. They all knew what the plan was and would follow their leader to the ends of the earth. The person looked at the dragon it was riding on and nodded its head to it. The dragon looked back at it and nodded its head back before taking off.

It knew what was in the Dragons Nest and was prepared to end it. But the question was, can they beat it in time before the Vikings land?

~~~

Aret sighed as there had been nothing but fog here and no signs of dragons attacking the ships at all. It was weird, like the dragons wanted them to attack the Nest and take their lives right now. That was not in the Dragon Manual of dragons not going for the kill at all. "Well this is boring," Snotlout said annoyingly as he drew Aret out of his thoughts and made Aret focus angrily on him.