Peggy rolled over to put her head under the pillow when she fell out of bed. She hit the floor with a soft thud and groaned.

She sat up, completely woken up now and looked over at her alarm clock.

It was 8:20 am.

"WHAT?!"

She was about to rush to get dressed, when she remembered that S.H.I.E.L.D. had given her and everyone else on the mission a long weekend to recover.

She stood up and sighed with both relief and exhaustion, before leaving her bedroom and heading for the kitchen. Now that she was fully awake, there was no point in trying to go back asleep because it just wouldn't happen. Instead, she put on the kettle and made herself a cup of coffee.

When she was finished, she moved over to the window and pulled up a chair, watching the world go by.

After a sufficient caffeine boost, Peggy got dressed so that she could head over to Scott's apartment. Scott was still in the military, but he was currently on desk duty. Neither of them minded, of course. It meant that they could see each other more, with the added bonus that Scott was safe. He usually worked Monday through Friday, getting one Friday a month off, balancing off the fact that he could be called in at anytime, day or night, in an Emergancy.

Peggy put on comfortable brown suit pants, a white blouse and her favourite brown leather jacket. She fixed her hair and removed the small plaster on her forehead. She, then, applied a small amount of makeup, avoiding her cut, before grabbing her bag and heading in her way.

*

She arrived at her fiancé's apartment with a box of fresh pastries in one hand and a newspaper in the other. She knocked with the newspaper hand and Scott came to the door straight away. His face broke into a wide smile when he saw her.

"Hey, Doll," he said, leaning against the door. "Come on in." 

"These are for you, Dear," she said, smiling up to him and handing him the pastries and newspaper.

"Aww thanks, Dollface," he said, kissing her cheek as she pasted by and closing the door. "So, tell me about it? How was D.C.?" He asked, leading her to the couch and sitting beside her.

He pulled her into a tight hug and kissed the top of her head.

"It was good. Well, as good as a trip with your boss can be," she laughed. "I didn't really do much apart from follow Mr. Sayre around," she said, putting her head on his shoulder.

"Ah, alright." He paused, bringing her face up to his for a soft kiss. "I missed ya," he said, holding her cheek in his hand.

"I missed you too," she said, smiling slightly.

Scott's eyebrows furrowed and he looked at her with concern, as she realised he noticed her cut. She looked at the collar of his shirt, not wanting to meet his eye.

"Woah, Peggy! What happened Doll? Jesus! Are ya okay?" He asked, pulling her face back up to his, panic in his eyes.

"Scott, I'm alright. I'm alright. It's just a bump to the head, Scott,"she said, calming him down.

"What happened?" He asked, smoothing his thumb on her cheek.

"It's rather silly, really.I wasn't looking where I was going as I followed Mr. Sayre. I slipped and hit my head. That's all. Nothing major. Mr. Sayre insisted on calling a doctor, so I got it looked at and there's nothing wrong," she reassured him. "It doesn't even hurt anymore," she said, smiling at him.

"'kay, as long as you're okay," he said, pulling her back into a hug.

"I am. I promise."

"I love you, Peggy Carter."