Between Safety and Aftermath

Ok so this is what I originally intended to be put in and i have gotten a lot of comments asking why I ended it the way I did so this chapter and the others following are going to explain why it happened and how the science behind it works for the ending. I am not going to change the ending at all, I will however talk about the events that happened after Asami's death and why Makorra was endgame in this story. So yeah. I would like to thank the people who commented the flaws and I know it isn't perfect but hey i hope that these chapters will hopefully answer all your questions.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Asami's POV

After the invasion we went to the south pole. We rode on Oggie, and the entirety Korra held me as if I was going to disappear. I didn't know quite what was going on.

"We are almost there," Tenzin stated and he looked back at everyone. Korra nodded and just tightened her arms around me.

I had nothing to say, there was nothing I could really think of. I felt even more useless than before. My world was slowly falling through the cracks and I just sat there watching as it happened.

Once there I was introduced to Katara and was taken away from everyone. I looked back as Korra let a small tear slip down her face.

I felt bad for her. She has been nothing but a blessing and I her curse. Everything that has happened, happened because of me and my life. I dragged her into this hell and I'm just now realizing that she is suffering.

Katara ordered me into the water, she moved the water as it started to flow. "Strange I was told you were beaten and forced into crutches for the rest of your days."

I nodded, "yeah, is there some sort of problem?"

Katara shook her head, "I can't find anything wrong with your legs."

I smiled, I couldn't believe it. I could walk? I could be of assistance? I started to force my self up when an old wrinkly hand stopped me.

"Let me finish child," her voice filled with hurt, "your body, it's starting to break down over the trauma that was caused by Amon. I don't know what these are but they are all over the inside of your body and growing at an extraordinary rate."

I simply nodded, she told me not to worry, but with all that has happened I expected the worse.

I grabbed the crutches and made my way to my new room. Though I didn't need them there was no use in getting Korra's hopes up. She didn't need something hopeful to get it taken away again.

I laid in the bed and waited for further instructions, "now I'm going to use this machine, it scans the inside of your body. It is called a cat scan (if a cat scan isn't used for this purpose then go ahead and correct me) so just relax and let it do its work."

"Why are we using this?" I ask confused.

"Good question it makes it more clear to what is on the inside rather than feeling along with the water inside of you." Katara answered.

I nodded it made sense and as I laid there waiting for the machine to finish its job, I couldn't help but wonder as to what Korra's life would've been like.

If she didn't meet me then she would've been with Mako, she would still be happy and blissfully ignorant to how he really was. Yes it would've come up eventually but I saw the way he looked at her, we are all still too young to understand. To make our own beliefs, he would've still loved her. That is if she came out to him later on.

Before I could finish my thoughts Katara came back in, a grim look on her face. She held up the image of the scan as it lit up like a Christmas tree.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey guys sorry it took so long to get this out there I don't really know what happened in all honesty but hey I'm finally doing this so yay.

Anyways eat good food, stay warm, drive safe

See you my little ones
<3<3<3