same classes

"Well here's me." I said as we walked down the science hallway.

"What class is it?" She asked cheerfully.

"Physics with Proff. Tarlokk." I answered.

She looked down at her schedule then back up at me with this huge smile that made my heart dance." I have this class too!" She cheered.

She rushed into the room leaving me dumbfounded and standing in the middle of the hallway. I quickly walked in and was Lucky enough that Tarlokk hadn't begun the lesson and was still grabbing paperwork for Korra.

I took my seat and acted like I have been there the whole time. "There you go, now go take a seat next to Ms. Sato and we'll begin our lesson." Said Tarlokk in his salesman pitch.

Korra took the seat to my left, I couldn't help but blush. Nearly crashing into her in the hallway and she has already made my day by just... Being here.

She smiles and takes out her notebook to start taking notes, but then just starts doodling. I chuckle when I catch a glimpse of, what looks like her, carrying the walls of ba sing se on her back.

"Alright, class I am giving you a project to work on with a partner." The class cheered, "Settle down now, it'll be over the quantum nature of light and you will be given two weeks to do it. Now go find a partner and come to me when you have choosen one." He sat down in his desk chair and got out a notepad and a pen.

"Hey um..." Korra spoke softy," "since I don't know anyone else here besides you... Um is it alright if you would be my partner?" She asked nervously scratching the back of her head.

"Sure, I mean if you weren't gonna ask I was so..." I trailed off.

She chuckled and got out her text book and notes, "So how do you want to set this up, I don't know if you're one of those people who has to plan every little thing out or just starts writing."

"Well first we should write down all of the theories and go in depth about how they relate to it, then we should give a couple examples...."

"Whoah, whoah, whoah, I think I got my answer already." She said cutting me off from my ramble.

I started laughing at this girl's cleverness, "Ms. Sato is there something funny?" Tarlokk scolded. I shook my head, "then get back to the task at hand." He half yelled but he still had his salesman pitch.

Korra scoffed, "party pooper."

"Anyway let's get some work done."

End of the day

I couldn't believe it. I had all my classes with Korra and our lockers are fairly close by to each other. "So Asami," Korra spoke up, "Does this school have a pro bending team?"

I was taken back by this but wasn't really shocked, "Yeah we do, why you thinking about trying out?"

"Maybe, I just don't know if there will be an exception made for me..." She trailed off and started scratching her neck.

"What do you mean by that?" I asked rather curiously.

"Well you see I'm the avatar." She answered me rather quietly.

My eyes had to have been as big as the moon spirit, "wait so...you're the avatar." She nodded, "why didn't you say something?"

"Why didn't you say something about being the daughter of Heroshi Sato?" She folded her arms and smirked.

"Well.... I just assumed since you didn't ask about my last name that you didn't know who he was." I replied nervously.

"Please I've been reading up on him since I was six, plus I can put to and to together on my own." She said rather cockily.

"Wait so you don't want to meet him, get a picture with him, autograph, shoe shine?" I started listing off things.

She looked at me rather confused, "Why, you're the person I met on my own, I figure that if you want me to meet him then you'll let me. And shoe shine?"

I couldn't believe that she didn't want to meet my father as soon as she found out who he was. She is unbelievable, I smiled and said, "Hey it's happened before."

And with that we continued our conversation until we had to both go home. "Hey want me to give you a ride?" I asked seeing as the girl didn't have a ride.

"Nah it's fine I don't want to ruin your Mercedes." She replied back.

"Who said anything about me owning a Mercedes?" I said with a smirk on my face.

"What do you mean?" She asked with an eyebrow raised.

I pulled out my keys and hit the button and the engine purred. Korra's eyes went wide as she looked between the bike and me, "Want me to take you for a spin?"

She grinned from ear to ear, "Let's do it."