knock, knock

I woke up like any other morning and sped of to school. I met Korra at her locker and greeted her with a good morning.

"Hey 'Sami. Ready to face Proff. Grouchy pants?" She asked with sarcasm in her voice.

I felt a tingle in my stomach when she greeted me with that nickname, but shook it off soon enough. "Well he could be worse yesterday was one of his good days, he is really annoying to all non-benders. Most of us hate him." I say nonchalantly.

"Really why is that?" She chuckled, being oblivious.

"He wants to take down the equalists."

"Well that doesn't seem bad."

"By punishing all other non-benders, I've had searches done on my house, locker, car, you name it. There also is this curfew initiated I have to be home by 6 otherwise I get thrown in jail." I reply casually.

Korra's eyes widen, " Wait so he is only doing this to non-benders?" She questioned.

I nodded.

"Someone has to put a stop to this he is ruining people's rights."

"Look Korra, as much as I would like for you to do that, you can't it would cause even more chaos and you would probably get thrown in prison for aiding criminals." I pleaded.

She looked at me hard but then softened up when realization dawned on her. "Alright I won't but can I atleast get your number?" She whinned.

I laughed, "Why you plan on taking me out to a dinner in a classy restaurant?" I replied jokingly.

She blushed at my comment, "What n-no i-i.... Two reasons, one we have that physics project, second I want to make sure that you're ok. I want to be sure that no matter what happens you still have someone to talk to or come to when something bad happens." She looked me straight in the eye when she said that last part.

I was shocked when she said that, I couldn't believe that she would even consider to put herself in danger to protect me, there was that tinge in my stomach again. I wrote down my number and hand it to her.

"Great, thanks" she replied.

"Korra, Korra, Korra!!!" A masculine voice shouted.

"Hey Bolin, Asami this is Bolin, Bolin Asami." She introduced.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." I replied offering my hand.

"It's even cooler meeting you." He took my hand gracefully. "So Korra remember practice is at 8 tonight in the gym, expect to run late into the night." As he was talking I couldn't help but notice that something under his big sweat shirt was moving.

"Ummm, Bolin what's under the shirt?" I asked cautiously.

"Oh thats just Pabu." He replied with a smile.

"Pabwho?" I asked with a raised eyebrow. 

He then pulled out a panda-squirrel type thing. "Pabu, Asami, Asami, Pabu." He introduced his pet.

"Why do you bring your pet to school, you could get in trouble?" Korra jumped in.

"Yeah I know but, he just comforts me and besides, due to my medical issues I needed an animal or something to help calm me down." He replied with a sad sigh.

"Really, and what medical issue is that?" I asked out of pure curiosity.

"Oh I suffer from conversion disorder and have psycho-schematic seizures. I haven't had one in years though, not since my parents died." He answered me as if it were something he had heard about in class.

"Oh I didn't know you had those." I replied feeling awkward.

He waved his hand, "Nah it's fine, my brother and I have found a way to help me and so far what works the best is Pabu here." He pointed to the puff ball in his shirt.

"Well atleast you don't have any now so you can practice." Korra replied turning the situation into a more happy topic.

"Yeah, I guess so." He grinned sheepishly. I felt this pit in my stomach seeing Bolin act like that. Is it anger? No. Is it, happiness? No. Whatever it is I'll figure it out.

"Hey we better get to class." Korra nudged me. I nodded and followed suit.

9 at night

I was brought out of my study by a banging on my front door. "Police open up." I ran down stairs and opened the door for them, they rushed in and started searching the please.

"What are you doing, do you even have a warrant?" I questioned. They just ignored me and continued their search of the mansion.

"Where's you're father?" A man asked me.

"Probably in his workshop or still at work. Now what's going on?" I questioned again.

He made a hand gesture and all the troops left except for one who looked after me. I groaned and sulked in a chair next to the coach.

I soon heard loud noises and screeching coming from behind the house. I shoot up and ran to where the noises were coming from. I soon found my father loading the policemen into a truck while some men fought off these huge machines.

"Dad stop!!" I yelled.

Everyone stopped what they were doing and looked at me. "Asami," he pleaded, "you were never meant to see this."

I had tears in my eyes, "See what that you were lying to me this whole time, that you were an equalist this whole time?"

"Look Asami, I did this for you, to protect you, I wanted to be able to give you a better chance out there when you were able to leave to make your mark on the world. Please Asami join me, we can work together, just like when you were little." He handed me a glove that shoots electricity when activated.

I looked between him and the glove, I took the glove and looked him straight, "I love you dad." And zapped him with the glove.

2 hours later

I texted Korra what happened and she said she was on her way here. I couldn't believe that my father was responsible for this, for this revolution.

I wrapped the blanket around me tighter, the initial shock was gone but the sadness still lingered. The police had already asked all their questions and we're packing up to leave. I sat there on the front steps trying to comprehend what I had to do.

"Asami," I heard someone say and I looked up to see Korra running up to me. "I heard what happened on my way here. I'm so sorry." She sat down next to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

I broke all composure I had left and cried into her shoulder. "I didn't k-know he w-was capable of it. I-I didn't even want t-to do it b-but I had to." I sobbed.

Korra wrapped her arms around me "shhhhhhh it's alright, don't worry, I've got you, nothings going to happen as long as I'm here."

"How do you know?" I asked through the tears.

She simply smiled and said, "the most beautiful people are those who have known trails, have known struggles, have known loss, and have found their way out of the depths. Ill be here for you no matter the circumstance."

The tingle came back stronger, and I rested my head on her shoulder and just shut my eyes for a dreamless sleep.