Chapter 24

I sat on the counter of my bathroom sink and stared at myself. I'm wearing one of Luke's shirts and my hair wrapped in a towel. I pinched my cheeks and sighed. Luke went with my dad to go get Chinese food. I've been here for like 20 minutes till Luke walked into the room. He walked into the bathroom and wrapped his arms around my belly. He pressed his lips to my neck before looking up at me in the mirror.

"Are you ready to eat?" He asked, standing up straight and taking the towel out of my hair.

"I'm ready." I nodded.

He smiled and grabbed my brush. He brushed out my hair and braided it. I gave him a smile in the mirror before turning around. I wrapped my legs around his waist and put my arms around his neck. He picked me up and walked me downstairs. My dad had all the food sitting out for us and was sitting in his spot waiting for us. Luke sat me down in my chair before taking his seat. I looked over at my dad and smiled. We all held hands and prayed. I opened my food and put it on my plate before eating.  Luke and my dad talked during the time I started eating to when I finished. I stood up and took my pate to the sink. I stood there with my eyes closed. My eyes opened when I felt Luke wrap his arms around my waist from behind. Luke rested his chin on my shoulder.
"Why are you acting different? Are you okay?" He whispered, swaying us side to side.

"Its nothing to worry about." I shrugged turning and pressing a kiss to his cheek.

I walked back upstairs to my room and climbed onto my bed. I grabbed a pillow and sat it in my lap. Luke walked into my room making sure to close the door before crawling onto my bed and sitting in front of me. I smiled at him and he crawled on top of me. He pressed his lips to mine so I kissed him back. He pushed me back till I was on my back before moving his body between my legs. He brought his lips down my jaw to my neck. I closed my eyes and weaved my fingers through his hair. Luke moved a hand up and laced our fingers. He laid our hands on the bed neck next to us. I nudged my face on his a little letting him know I want him to kiss me. He happily did so and moved his hand out of mine so he could ran his hands up my shirt. His thumb moved side to side on my hip. He moved down to the other side of my neck and down onto what he could reach on my chest. As he began pulling my shirt up, I pushed his hand down. He tried again but I didn't let him. He tried to unbutton my shorts causing me to squirm around trying to get him to stop.

"L-Luke. Stop. We can't do this with my dad downstairs." I stuttered.

"It's okay babe. We'll just have to be quiet." He mumbled finally getting my shorts unbuttoned and unzipped.

"Luke stop." I growled my voice cracking.

He sat up and pulled my shorts off. Luke waisted no time in taking off my shirt too and attach his lips on my collar bones.

"Luke! Get off me!" I spat, squirming around and pushing on him.

Once he hooked his fingers in the waistband of my panties I started crying.

"Luke! Stop. I don't want to do this right now." I screamed and pushed him off of me as hard as I could.

He fell back and scoffed. I quickly grabbed my shirt and put it on along with my shorts. I cried and stared at my lap.

"I'm just trying to get you out of the mood you in." He explained.

"I told you to stop." I spat.

"Just because you're dad is down stairs doesn't mean we can't do it." He scoffed again.

"That's not the only reason why. I just wasn't in the mood. You practically forced you're self on me!" I shouted.

"It's just sex Melissa. You're not a virgin anymore. So there isn't anything special about it. I used to have sex at least twice a day with-"

"Say it." I cried.

"No. I'm not going to-"

"Just say it Luke!" I screamed.

"With Eve!" He shouted close to my face, his hand swinging up in the hair.

I flinched away and pulled myself into a ball to cry.

"Missy? I-I wasn't going to hit you." He said, his voice shaking.

"Go. I don't ever want to see you again!" I shouted pushing his shoulders.

I looked down to my promise ring and began trying to get it off. I couldn't see through the blur of my tears. I started screaming and crying as I tried pulling it off. Once it finally came off I through it at his chest.

"So much for forever." I scoffed getting up off my bed and walking out of the room. I walked downstairs and opened the front door.

Luke slowly came down stairs staring at what used to be my ring in his hands. He stopped in front of me and tried to speak.

"Goodbye Luke." I said keeping my eyes to the ground.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek. "I'm sorry and I love you."

He walked outside and to his car. I closed the door and laid my forehead on it.

"You want to talk about it?" My dad asked from the living room.

I turned and looked at him. I shook my head and walked back upstairs to my room. Why do we have to constantly be fighting. Maybe we just weren't meant to be.