Chapter Twenty-Seven= The Pack

Lilly's Point of View

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was about two more miles from crossing into La Push. I waited for the 'fit' vampires to catch up when I caught the scent of Jake. My stomach flipped and my heart sped up. I shook my head and heard Kyle speak .

"Lils, are we going or what?"

"You should know something," I said, "The pack, they'll flip when they meet you. Like really flip. Almost, like a gymnast?" They looked at me expectantly. "Look, don't run. You're my friends. I won't let them hurt you, okay?" Daniel and Kyle shared a look.

"What do you mean?" Daniel asked.

"Look, just don't worry, okay?" They nodded, and we continued walking.

*** 10 Minutes Later ***

"No, it's green." Kyle argued.

"How many times do I have to tell you! It's blue!" Daniel shot back.

"It doesn't matter how many times you have to tell me, it's green."

"Wow, I thought your hearing was bad for a moment. But I guess it was you being color-blind." I rubbed my temples. They've been arguing about a changing color bird. I may have been exaggerating. It wasn't changing color, it was an blue/green jay, and the two idiots haven't shut up since we've seen it. If they say it's one color again I swear I'll-

"It's blue."

"SHUT IT!" I yelled at them. "It's just a freaking bird!!! Doesn't matter if it's blue or green! It's just a freaking animal!" I could feel their stares on my back. Kyle cleared his throat and they were silent. It was quiet until I heard Kyle mumble,

"Green."

***Twenty Minutes Later and A Vampire With A Cracked Arm***

The smell was getting stronger, and Kyle and Daniel are holding their noses.

"What the (heck) is that smell?" Kyle demanded in a whinny voice.

"My friends" I stated.

"Your friends stink." That made me smirk a little. Little did they know.

Emily's house came into view, and I tried miserably to keep the smile off of my face. Emily wasn't here, because their car was gone, and Embry's car is here. That's good and bad, because there wouldl be no-one to help me if the guys get out of hand. Good, because Kyle and Daniel won't attack her.

The loud voices of the pack turned to hush whispers, and then silence.

Embry's body was first to out onto the porch, then Jared, Paul, Quil, Seth and Sam. No Jake. They all broke out into large smiles, and ran towards me. All but Sam hugged me. And Sam was the only only one to notice Kyle am Daniel.

I locked eyes with Sam, and he gave me a stern, fatherly look. One that a drunk teenager might get from mid-sleep woken up father.

"LILLY!!!!!" The boys yelled, and threw themselves at me. They all hugged me, their warm, shirtless chests filling me with love.

All of them hugged me, but Seth hugged me longer than the rest. He soon let go, though, and I looked him in the eyes. His eyes did not meet mine. Instead, they went past me, towards Kyle and Daniel. All of their eyes were fixed on them.

As soon as Seth realized they were vampires, he grabbed my wrists and studied them, making sure I had no bite marks. I had none, but I had bruises from fighting, but he still gave me a look that read, 'We'll talk about this later', and he locked eyes wit the two behind me.