The Love

"Can you give me a minute?"

"Sure Sehun-ah. Take your time." Luhan gently squeezed his shoulders. He stepped back and Sehun stepped forward, towards the gravestone.

Sehun tighten his grip on the bouquet of flowers he held in his hands – the current situation feeling so surreal.

He had found about his father's death a week ago, and now he is standing in front of his grave. A lump lodging itself in his throat when he reads the engraving on the stone.

OH JI HUN (1971-2008)

Oh Ji Hun, a man Sehun has never met, but somehow he felt as though he does know him. Luhan's stepfather had sent him pictures and through those photographs, Sehun got a sense of who his father was.

Oh Ji Hun who was an avid music fan. Oh Ji Hun who excelled in basketball. Oh Ji Hun who won many eating contests. Oh Ji Hun who rode a cool motorcycle to school.

The photographs gave Sehun a glimpse at the man his mother fell in love with.

Luhan's stepfather also sent him an old guitar that apparently was Sehun's father prized possession. Sehun hasn't played it, choosing instead to keep it safe. It is still in its original leather case, placed near his keyboard in his room. Sehun looks at it every now and then, picturing his father plucking a few chords while his mother hummed along. Oftentimes he would smile, relieved at the fact that he doesn't have to hate his father anymore. Sehun accepts the fact that Oh Ji Hun made mistakes in his lifetime, but who doesn't?

He knows now that his father wasn't a bad person. And that is all that matters.

So as a son who finally gets the chance to have closure on this part of his life, Sehun stands in front of his father's grave – ready to pay his respect.

He took a deep breath. "Hi Dad.... I'm sorry it took me so long to come...." Sehun bent down and placed the bouquet near the edge of the stone. He stayed in that position for a little while longer – fingers tracing the carvings of his father's name.

"Promise I'll visit often," Sehun whispered as he traced the last letter. He got up and took one final look at the grave. He bowed.

When he was done, he turned towards Luhan, who was watching him the entire time, and smiled. Luhan smiled back and walked up to him.

"Are you okay?" Luhan asked as he stood next to him. Sehun looked back at the gravestone, then he looked at Luhan and nods.

Sehun takes Luhan's hand, intertwining their fingers. "Better than okay."

Although sadden by the fact that he won't get to meet his father, Sehun remains positive because he firmly believes that everything happens for a reason. If his father had never left, the Oh family would have turned out differently. His mother may still be alive, and he would probably grow up in a loving household, with both parents. But who knows where they would live, or what kind of person Sehun would become....

Or whether or not he would still meet Luhan....

If his father was still alive, Luhan's stepfather may not have done the things he did and Luhan may not have transferred to Korea..... He may not have attended Suk-Myeong University. He might not move in and Sehun might live his whole life without ever knowing Luhan.

What would life be like without Luhan? Sehun pushed that thought out of his mind, telling himself that Yes, everything happens for a reason.

"You ready?" Luhan gently tugged the hem of Sehun's shirt.