The Audacity

--- Unlike the previous chapters, the second part (indicated by ***) will be centered around Sehun, so the italic statements are what Sehun is thinking. Enjoy :) ---

News travel fast at Suk-Myeong University. When the female student population heard that the new transfer kid with the honey brown hair was the perfect definition of a flower boy, they all flocked to the sociology lecture hall, eagerly hoping to get a glimpse. And when their eyes landed on Luhan as he exited his first class, they all started "fangirling" - squealing, screaming his name, a few even got carried away and started hyperventilating. It was a bit much.

By Luhan's third class of the day, the girls were giving him sweets and gifts, all of which Luhan accepted. At first, he would smile and thank them as they timidly handed him their gifts (resulting in deafening screams). Having decided that he needed his hearing, he started accepting the gifts without saying a word. The sound of his voice would only send them over the edge.

Carrying a tray of food, Luhan made his way around the large cafeteria in search of a place to sit. As he was about to sit down at an empty table near the enormous windows, he caught sight of a familiar head of shiny brown locks two yards away. Sehun.

Now that Luhan thought about it, Sehun is quite handsome. He had piercing brown eyes, a tall nose, plump pink lips and milky skin envied by most girls. Luhan frowned, knowing that underneath that magnificent exterior lies a heartless individual.

The younger boy was hurriedly writing something in his notebook, looking completely focused. He must be busy.... Perfect. Luhan walked over to where Sehun was and placed his tray down, making sure Sehun could hear him.

******

Dammit! How could I forget to finish this stupid report on contemporary jazz? Sehun mentally reprimanded himself as his pen kept on scribbling facts down. His class was going to start in 15 minutes and he needed to get this done.

Clank. A tray is placed in front of him. He abruptly stopped writing and wondered who had the audacity to interrupt him while he was working. He looked up and a dazzling set of big sparkly brown eyes meets him. Luhan.

"What do you want?" Sehun asked with contempt.

"Yah! We still need to have our talk," Luhan reasoned as he sat down across from Sehun and started eating.

"Can you leave me alone? It's bad enough I have to share my room with you, now you're disrupting my free time. I would suggest you --"

"I thought you might need some company," Luhan quickly retorted.

"Well I don't!" Sehun snapped back.

Sehun's frustration at having to write a report last minute was reaching new heights since he is now distracted by this person who apparently has an obsession with sweets -- Luhan's tray consisted of only desserts.

"Okay... Fine... I'm only.. here be..cause I need ..a table," said the older boy who was currently stuffing his face with apple pie. Sehun glanced around the cafeteria, noticing plenty of empty tables because most of the students tend to eat outside when it was sunny like today. He raised an eyebrow at the older male.

"What?" Luhan asked, clearly unaware of his flawed lie. This guy is too busy munching like a baby deer to even come up with a logical reply. Sehun sighed. He really needed to get this report done.

"What are you working on?" Luhan questioned.

"Shut. Up. And stop eating like that. It's distracting!" Sehun said through gritted teeth. The older boy was leaving behind traces of chocolate and crumbs around his lips, causing him to perpetually his lips with his pink tongue. Why must he eat like a child?

"Don't tell your hyung to shut up! You're lucky I didn't tell your other hyungs about you making me sleep on the floor!" Luhan quipped after finishing his chocolate chip cookie.

"You didn't tell them?" Sehun asked, a little surprised. He was sure that Luhan would have ratted him out to his other hyungs.

"Nope. Why? Because this is between you and me." Luhan looked Sehun straight in the eye. Eyes glinting while trying to give the maknae a stare down. Is he trying to intimidate me? Sehun scoffed.

"Rightt." Sehun decided that it was best to just ignore this baby-face creature and focus on his paper again.

For the next 2 minutes, Luhan silently watched Sehun scrawl words onto his report. Sehun pretended that he didn't feel the intense gaze coming from the older male. He was almost done, one more paragraph and he'll be –

Dammmittt! My pen is out of ink! Sehun threw down his pen in resignation. He was going to get a bad grade for sure.

"Here use my pen," suggested Luhan as he handed Sehun a blue pen that had a fluffy pompom at the end.

"What the.." He has got to be kidding right?

"Hey at least it writes blue like your other pen," Luhan simply said, ignoring the scowl that was creeping on Sehun's face.

"You don't have another less hideous looking pen?"

"Nope." Luhan smirked. He actually did have a "less hideous looking" pen in his backpack, but decided to give Sehun one of the girly pens he got as a gift from his admirers. What Sehun doesn't know won't hurt him.

Having no other option and an approaching deadline, Sehun took the pen with the tacky pompom and went back to finishing his paper. Praying that nobody else sees him using this sort of writing utensil. This is so embarrassing.

When Sehun wasn't looking, Luhan grabbed the younger boy's backpack from underneath the table and started transferring all of the fluffy pens, girly stickers, and small pink plushies he received from the girls earlier into his backpack. Once he was done with the deed, he got up and made a move to leave.

"I'm leaving. See you at home."

Sehun ignores him.

Too busy writing, Sehun doesn't catch Luhan taking a photo of him on his phone before he walked away.

Yess!! Done! Sehun finished his report in the nick of time. He grabbed his slightly unzipped backpack from under the table, snatched the paper he had just finished, threw the pompom pen into the waste bin (as if it would kill him if he had it in his possession any longer) and started running towards his next class.

In class, Sehun made his way to his usual seat, but someone who wasn't paying attention bumped into him, causing his backpack to fall to the ground, spilling its contents. Looking at the floor, Sehun eyes widen. Whatt..is..all..of..this...girly stuff?!?! His eyes discovered a pack of pens with pompoms at the end. He momentarily froze.

All the boys in the class, who were trying to hold in their laughs, started cracking up.

"The ice man Sehun has a bag full of fluffy cute stuff," they cackled.

Sehun glared at them, shutting them up. He picked up his backpack, his materials (leaving the embarrassing stuff), and sat down. He made a mental note –Today I'm going Bambi hunting.

******

Luhan, sitting outside on the patio chairs at home, took out his phone and admired the picture he took of Sehun. He smiled. What a cute pen you have there, Sehun.

Sehun 1: Luhan 1