The Twisted

"LUHAN!!!"

Sehun's heart skipped a beat.

The older boy was standing in front of a red minivan, inches away from the car's bumper. His face was extremely pale, as if he seen a ghost. His eyes wide due to shock. His whole body was trembling.

The driver was yelling at him. "HEY KID! ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL YOURSELF!?!"

But Sehun could only process one thing – Luhan was unharmed.

He ran over to where his boyfriend was standing and snatched him up, ignoring the shouts coming from the driver. The man eventually drove around them, leaving the two lovers in the middle of the street.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND?!?!" He shouted at Luhan, who seemed as though he was in a trance.

Sehun wrapped his arms tighter around Luhan. Both of their bodies shaking.

"HOW COULD YOU RUN AFTER ME LIKE THAT?!!? WHY DIDN'T YOU LOOK BOTH WAYS!?! WHAT IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO YOU?!!" Sehun continued to shout at his boyfriend, his unstable voice nearly unrecognizable. His eyes began tearing up.

He didn't know which was worse – the thought that Luhan could have been seriously hurt or the thought that it would have been completely his fault.

The thought of losing Luhan only made it harder for him to breathe as he held the boy tighter. He's probably hurting the older boy, but right now he just needs to have Luhan as close to him as possible.

"S-Sehun-ah," Luhan finally spoke, snapping out of his daze.

And the tears came rolling down.

"YOU'RE AN IDIOT YOU KNOW THAT?! THE BIGGEST IDIOT," Sehun said in between horrendous sobs.

The idiot in his arms only buried his face in Sehun's neck, circling his arms around Sehun's waist. "Sehun-ah."

Sehun couldn't tell which of their hearts was beating faster, but it didn't matter...

The only important thing is that Luhan was safe.

Safe in his arms.

"Sehun-ahh," Luhan repeated, voice muffled against Sehun's neck.

"Promise me you won't do that again," Sehun whispered in a hoarse voice.

His boyfriend nodded and pressed himself deeper against Sehun's chest. Sehun rested his face against Luhan's hair – waiting for his heart to calm down.

They stood there for a few minutes. Sehun taking in the beautiful sound of Luhan's steady breathing.

He almost forgot about the reason why he ran away.

Almost.

When they got back to the house, hand in hand, Luhan's mother knew something had happened but since neither of them wanted to say anything, she didn't question them. And for that Sehun was grateful.

"You two look tired. I think you two should just sleep here for tonight and catch an early bus back to Seoul. How about it?"

"You're right Mom. We'll spend the night."

Luhan's mother clapped her hands. "Alright then! Sleepover!"

During dinner, they held hands under the table (since coming back, Sehun's hand has not once left Luhan's). Neither of them said much, but Luhan's mother didn't mind. She did her best to talk about different things, to lighten the mood, but Sehun could tell she was worried. If she found out that her only son almost got into a car accident, she would flip so it's better that she doesn't know.