8

It had been three days since Nathan was lead into the forest by his wolf friend. His foster parents had been out of town so they didn't even notice anything was wrong when he walked into the house.

"Oh, welcome back, Nathaniel." He scowled towards Jack before flopping down on the couch. He could hear the murmuring of them from the large doorway but he ignored it, switching on the TV. It was still set to the local news and, being too tired from three days with a bunch of wolves, Nathan decided to keep it. Ann walked into the living room and sat beside him on the couch, a sandwich wrapped in plastic in her hand. She stared at the TV for a moment. 

"That's a shame." Ann clicked her tongue. The news channel was running the same 'missing persons' piece they had run last time. Again, a pang was sent through his heart and again, his eyes were drawn to the picture with the name 'Kelly' under it. "To think those kids are only your age and missing. All friends too. My, that girl has stunning eyes." Nathan was only half listening until she mentioned the eyes. He looked again at the girl, Kelly. Her eyes were beautiful. Stunning. So bright and intelligent and...old. Another pang on pain shot through his heart as it sped, blood rushing in his ears. His breathing quickened and his eyes unfocused. When he forced them to focus them again, he didn't see the girl named Kelly. He saw Snow. 

"Nathan? Buddy, you okay?" Nathan shook himself and looked up behind the couch into Jack's concerned eyes. Nathan swallowed thickly and nodded.

"Yah, I'm good." Nathan looked back at the TV, Snow having turned back into the brown haired girl. Rubbing his eyes, he sighed and leaned back into the dark red couch. His foster parent's were still looking at him with concern. He snatched up the remote and switched the channel, it going to some animated comedy Nathan never watched. He found them brain numbingly annoying. "Just please try to keep it off the news. Bums me out." Ann nodded once then jumped as a massive crash of thunder shook the house and flickered the lights. Nathan looked towards the ceiling.

"Odd. It wasn't even raining." Just as Jack said it, the sky split open and the rain poured down in torrents. Nathan walked to the window and pushed aside the curtains. Another bolt lit up the sky, followed shortly by another ear-splitting crack of thunder. When he turned, he saw Ann had gotten up and was now hiding in Jack's chest. She was terrified of even the quietest purr of thunder and this was just torture. She whimpered as another crack shook the house. Jack rubbed her back comfortingly and smiled at Nathan. He took her into the bedroom to wrap her in a thick comforter to keep her calm. Nathan clicked the power on the TV off and went to his room.  He laid face down on his bed and sighed. Another crack of thunder and a flash of lightning lit the sky. he turned and looked out the window as yet another flash lit the sky, illuminating a dark shape on the glass. Nathan jumped up, running to the window and throwing the glass up. He stuck his head out and searched the surrounding area. He could see nothing at first, just the dark, wet trees and grass. The trees swayed in the breeze, masking the dark figure for a moment. Nathan's eyes lighted upon it, his mind blank. The figure was male, thin and tall. It crouched on a tree branch and, as another flash lit up the figure's features, Nathan was reminded of the brown haired kid on the 'Missing' picture Nathan had seen on the news. The figure tilted his head and inhaled deeply through flared nostrils. Then, he was gone. The guy was gone. Nathan scanned the trees again but he was gone. Nathan Pulled his head back in, closed the window and shook the water from his hair. He thought of the figure, the boy. When Nathan looked at the figure, he thought of Snow. 

I KNOW IT'S SHORT, I'M SORRY...I've been working so long on this one chapter that i just. cant. think anymore...not that anyone reads tho sooo...ya...bi