Preface

A knock.   A gentle rapping on the door.  A simple gesture of indirect propriety.  And yet, so powerful as it has the ability to change all we know.  First Bilbo, now I.

This gesture, if you will, holds power in the timely inconsequential, yet divinely consequential, unleashing of events...fate, in simpler words.

For with a knock, comes a key.  A key to unlock a door.  The door which, to hand, it opens.  And open it does, to new faces.  New faces of old histories and future memories.  Memories of companionship, hope, and love.

Oh yes, dear Frodo, a knock is more than just a gentle wrapping on the door, a gesture of indirect propriety.  A knock is the call to adventure, and in this case, my own.  For every journey begins somewhere, not at the twisting of a doorknob, but at the initiative to change the world.

Most people know me by my mother's name: the Savior of Durin, Queen Under the Mountain...Erudian Houdart.  If not, they know me by my family, inborn royalty and kin to four Fellowship members.  I am neither brave nor a warrior.   I am an unintentional thief, for I stole the gentle heart of Bilbo Baggins.

I am Pyrhhin Oakenshield, and my story begins with a knock, a gentle wrapping on the door, a simple gesture of indirect propriety...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

This is the sequel to Saving Durin.  And though it is not necessary to read the first book in this series, it is suggested for the sake of background information on Pyrhhin Oakenshield.  But, if you're anything like me, reading the original book is not necessary to understand this story.

I hope you enjoyed this Preface!  Please vote and comment!

xo 

Patagonian