Date

(Its honestly kinda embarrassing posting my fanfictions because I don't feel like a particularly good writer so thank you to anyone who reads these)

   His hand was sweaty. And it was rather disgusting. But, Maka was holding his hand and that was enough to compensate for how embarrassed she felt. Her heart pounded against her ribs but she kept her breaths even.  Soul hadn't noticed how screwed up she felt, it seemed. His shaggy white hair hung in his eyes, making him look like the moody teenager on the cover of a self published metal album. But still, there was some charm to him. Maka wanted to punch herself. The guy who made her dread school (her, a straight A student) now looked like someone teenage heterosexuals girls would drool over posters of. She wasn't completely sure where they were off to exactly. Not that she cared. He could be leading her to a dark ally to look for muggers and she wouldn't mind-
Maka, what the hell? she silently demanded of herself. For all she knew, Soul was as low down as Papa and only wanted her for her body. She glanced down and held back a sigh. Not exactly the best body. She may have been tall and thin but her arms were lanky and she lacked what was desired in the chest and rear area. 

   "Are you okay?" Soul asked, his voice soft and traced with  worry. 

   "huh? yeah!" Maka's head shot up. She hadn't realized she was  staring rather dejectedly at her breasts (or lack there of).  
Wow, smooth

  "Lets just get somewhere to eat." Soul insisted.
Aaaaand you've worried him

"I'm fine" Maka insisted, balling her fists. It hadn't been her intention to sound harsh but she obviously had just based on Soul's startled-to-hurt-to-guarded expression. She took a deep breath and nodded, forcing a smile that melted into sincerity.  His eyes lightened like light reflecting on twin rubies and a small smile tugged at his lips.  It wasn't long before they found a small coffee shop that's entire air smelled of cinnamon and coffee beans. It reminded Maka pleasantly of her mum. She still had fuzzy memories of her early child hood and her mother making coffee for two, not that papa was home to drink it so half went to waste, sitting on the coffee pot until it was cold. 

   Maka shook herself, blinking hard. Soul seated himself in a fancy cafe chair he really didn't fit. His black leather jacket, messy white hair and ability to casually sit with his legs so spread he was close to doing the splits (boys) he looked horridly out of place in the calm and cute cafe. Maka laughed into her palm, earning a raised eyebrow but she blew it off, walking over to sit with him. Maka folded her hands on the table, sitting silently and waiting for conversation that never came. After the dreaded six second mark that assured it was, indeed, awkward passed, She finally forced her voice into action. 

   "Nice weather we're having" she offered, her boots already soaked from the rained earlier. Thunder rolled through the sky and Maka swore softly.
Are you kidding me? Death dammit!

  "or not.." she muttered and Soul let out a low chuckle. 

  "Or not indeed" he snorted.  Maka forced a laughed that sounded almost painful. Soul groaned, rolling his head forward.

  "Don't do that" he muttered.

  "Do what?" Maka sat up straighter.
  "Pretend to laugh or smile. Its so..forced and not cool." he explained, cracking his knuckles. The blonde frowned but nodded, playing with her pigtails. Soon (but not soon enough) a waitress came to take their orders. Her high red pony tail seemed to be pulling at her entire face, making her eyes squint a little too much and her smile a little too wide.  Her thin fingers held a small notebook with a pen prepared to take notes of what they wanted. 
  "Uh," I didn't even look at the bloody menu!  Maka's hands scampered to the laminated piece of cream paper, her eyes darting over to the first  thing she saw. She felt she was taking an unreasonable time but the woman's smile never faltered.

  "A cocoa latte" she mumbled, contemplating hitting her head on the table. It wouldn't have helped anything but it was tempting anyway. Soul ordered something that sounded warm with...hazelnuts? And then something that sounded fluffy and sweet. Some type of pastry.  The stretched out waitress walked away with a little too much spring in her step.  Maka let out the sigh she didn't know she was holding. 

  "she was..." Maka hesitated.
  Soul hooked his fingers in the corner of his mouth and stretched back his cheeks to replicate the smile the waitress had held, "peppy"

Maka giggled, "Thats mean"
 Soul let go of his cheeks and leaned back, crossing his arms with a satisfied smirk, "then why arer you laughing?"
  "I didn't say it wasn't funny." Maka pointed out, smiling softly. Within a few seconds, their coffees were brought to them, one iced and one steaming, with a plate of golden brown pastries. 

  "That was fast" Maka commented.

  "no shit" Soul snorted, "we're the only ones here. It was raining, Maka"

OH duh

Normally, Maka would have been embarrassed but she simply laughed it off. It felt good to laugh, feel her lungs open and take in the humid air. She didn't realize how suffocated she felt until she did breath. And it was brilliant. Thunder groaned again, darkness spilling over the sky.

  "Lets get these to go and head back to your place'' Soul suggested, smelling rain on the air. Maka nodded and stood, grabbing her coffee and the plate before running inside of the building. It only took a minute to get a bag and styrofoam cups instead of ceramic but in that time the sky split open and poured cold rain onto the hot pavement. Maka and Soul started on their way to the apartment building, listening to the clap of their boots on the puddles in the streets and the ping ping ping of rain on windows and cars. When they reached the building, Maka heard a muffled "Yahoo" from inside the building. 

  "did you-" she began but Soul cut her off.

  "I heard it. That's my room mate. Fuck, he'll need me there yelling at him if he's to get anything done." Soul muttered, the rain flattening his hair slightly. Maka frowned. 

  "so, I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" she asked when he gripped her wrist and pulled her to him. His lips met hers, rather ungracefully (not that she cared) and burned for the second and the eternity they held there before he pulled away.

  "yeah, I'll see you tomorrow" he assured. Maka nodded, dumbfounded as Soul walked to the elevator and was gone. She waited then smiled. 
  "tomorrow then"