Ch. 3 Hunting Time

Love Fangs And Bloodlust

Chapter 3

Reilly

Walking back into the house, I made my way up stairs to my room to grab a change of clothes. 'I could use a shower right now,' I thought to myself as I got undressed and headed to my en suite and started the water. As I stepped into the hot water, my mind was elsewhere, the missing people, David, and last but definitely not least, the cute brunette that I saw earlier at the restaurant. I thought about all the issues going on right now and how it wasn't like David to not call like this, had to be that group of retched fiends. Then of course that brunette, Akira, kept coming to my mind as well. She was pretty, seemed nice and completely off limits which meant I would want her that much more. And of course the way she would swing her hips when she walked! "Ugh!" I yelled putting my head under the water. "She is human! You can't be thinking about that Reilly!" I chastised myself out loud. "Besides, there are greater matters to worry about, not some human." I cranked the water to cold and let it run over me.

Just then there was a knock at the door, "Hey bro, you going to hog all the water in there?"

I heard laughing on the other side of the door, but it didn't stop me from letting a loud growl rip from my chest. Of course my brother, Paul the oldest, would intrude. "I want my own place, damn it!" I cursed loudly wondering if the whole house heard.

"Dude, you okay in there? What's up with you Reilly? You never get pissed like this. Not even when it comes to the blood suckers." I heard him say as he leaned against the sink. "We'll find David, Rei, I promise you-"

I cut him off as I shut the water off, "It isn't him!" I grabbed the towel that I had hanging right outside on the rack, wrapped it around my waist then opened the curtain and looked at him. He looked at me with concern but let me talk. "It is a girl, a human girl to be exact, Akira. And she is off limits, I know, but she went missing last night. She worked at the restaurant and took over their group for David when he didn't show up for work the first night."

I sat on the side of the tub resting my elbows on my legs looking at him. He just stood there for a few moments looking at me. He finally ran his fingers through his hair then let his hand drop. "Man, I don't know what to say. On the one hand, I understand, but you and I both know that humans are off limits unless it is allowed by the council or they discover our secret and make an oath to keep it." We both looked down at the floor for what seemed like endless moments. "Have you gone to her place to check it out?"

I looked up to see him looking at me seriously with his hands in his pocket. I shook my head, "I was trying to keep a distance, for fear I would let myself get too close to her."

"Let's go then." It came across as more of an order than a suggestion, but he was our next Alpha, he was going to be great. He quickly undressed and threw his things on my bed as I shifted letting my towel fall to the floor in a heap. He followed suit then led the way down the stairs and out of the house, obviously sending a message to our father informing him of where we were going and why. I knew where she lived because I had foolishly already searched her up from the papers John had on her. Running at full speed, we reached her apartment complex in ten minutes, which would have been about a half hour by car.

'This is her car!' I spoke, almost shouting, to him telepathically as I stood on my hind legs and looked inside her car. Her apron was still there. We sniffed the air, our hackles bristled up and we both emitted a growl. The door smelled like them slightly. I looked around frantically as Paul searched too. We found spots of blood that was less than a day old.

I let another growl rip from my chest again and Paul stared at me, 'Calm yourself, my little brother.'

'I can't! Not with this feeling! I-I feel like I lost her!' Paul just looked at me with a grin that he does when he has something to hold against me. 'Cut it out, or I will rip you to shreds, Paul. This will not be used against me or I swear to you I will cause you to have a limp for a month!'