Chapter 28: Let us take a look

Start from the beginning

I step away from the mirror and carefully sit on the bed and reach for my boots which I barely grab before feeling exhausted, but before I have the painstalking chance to put my boots on, Eric steps in front of me and kneels, he slowly lifts the hem of the dress up over my knees, he then grabs one boot and lifts my left foot up and pulls the boot on, he repeats the process for my right foot " all done" he says before pulling the hem down and stands up.

He helps me stand up and we both leave the apartment to head for the infirmary.

On the way there it's quiet, Eric seems to be in his own thoughts, I wonder what he's thinking? I grab his hand and squeeze it assuredly and he's brought out of his thoughts to gaze back at me and smile slightly before squeezing my hand in return, we walk hand in hand to the infirmary and then enter together. The infirmary is quiet, save for a few people laying peacefully in the general area and the odd person coughing up their contents into a medical bag.

I inwardly cringe at one guy who doesn't manage to steer his vomit into the bag, instead it falls out all over his hand and himself and it takes all I have to not throw up at the sight of his vomit all over him and the floor, Eric places his hand around my waist and guides me towards Dr Pedrad's office and takes me away from the sight of the general area. We just make our way to the door when the hood doctor opens up the door " ah there you are, come on in" she smiles at us and we follow her in.k
Kms,.knm,,

Once we enter the room she walks to the curtain area and pulls the curtain back before turning back to me, "okay my lovely, you know the drill, cape on and then on the bed, I'll be in shortly" Uriah mums says before leaving the room to allow me to get changed, I immediately get undressed, with Eric watching on in satisfaction, I turn to look at him "see something you like?" I ask him and he smirks " there is this thing" he says nonchalantly and I give him the finger before unzipping my dress, I leave my boots on and reach for the cape which Eric helps me put on.

I lie down on the bed just as uriahs mum knocks on the door, we both yell out to her to come in and she enters the room with a smile on her face, "now lets take a look shall we?" She asks as she closes the curtain and walks over to the ultrasound machine to boot it up, Eric takes the seat next to the bed and takes one of my hands in his while my cape is lifted up over my bump and a towel is placed under it.

" do you need a pillow for your back darl?" She asks and I shake my head, she nods her head and reaches over for the gel which I grimace at, it's always cold, she smiles sympathetically before squeezing it onto my stomach and I move slightly to the cold feeling " I know it's not easy" she says before putting the gel back in its place, " don't you think that erudite would've invented a gel that isn't cold by now" I say which earns me chuckles from both of them.

"Wouldn't that be the day" she exclaims as she grabs the probe and gently places it on my bump.

At first all there is, is grey fuzziness on the screen, I turn to look at Eric who is focused on the screen,Mao much that he is nearly out of his seat, Dr Pedrad moves the probe around my bump leaving a cool mentos feeling every time, at first me and Eric see nothing and I start to feel worried, it must've shown because she looks at me " sometimes the baby likes to hide, don't stress" she assures me and I offer a small smile.

She turns back to the screen while Eric lifts up the hand he is holding and places a gentle kiss on it, I smile at him and he gets up to lean in for a kiss when we're interrupted by someone clearing their voice, we both turn out attention to the doc who is smirking at us, " if you two aren't busy, I have some good news" she says which makes Eric tense in anticipation "Yes?" He asks.

"Well first off here is your baby at now 4 months, and if you look here...." I don't hear the rest of what she says I just focus on the screen where it is, our baby, it's no longer as fuzzy as a shape is there instead, a shape of our baby, I absent mindlessly rub my stomach before turning to look at Eric who looks in awe of the screen, if he had his way he would've grab the shape from the screen.