T h r e e

The next morning consisted of me and my aunt cooking breakfast and getting to know each other. I've come to learn that she has a son named Louis, but apparently he's on his way home from vacationing with his friends and he'd be home within a few hours. She has a lot of the same interests as me; reading, photography, being in the outdoors. She also has a cat, Brax, who I have yet to see.

"So, I was wondering, would you want to go shopping with me today? So I can get some new clothes and stuff for my room?" I asked leaning against the counter and biting into an apple.

"I would love to but I have to go to work in about half an hour. Louis and his mates should be home soon, maybe they can go with you!" She smiled at me from over her newspaper and sipped her coffee.

"Yeah, maybe. Won't that be awkward? Considering I've never even met them," She chuckled and shook her head no.

"No, no, sweetheart. They're some of the goofiest lads I've ever met and they'll make you feel right at home in their little group," I sighed and nodded as I ran my fingers through my hair. Maybe I should just ask him. I barely know my way around the city and I can't take the chances of getting lost.

"You're right, I will." I managed a small smile and threw my apple core in the garbage, "I think I'm goning to go grab a book and read in the back garden"

"Okay, I'm gonna have to leave now and beat traffic. So, have fun today and I won't get home until late tonight!" She waved goodbye as she put her mug in the sink, grabbing her purse and coat before rushing out.

I sighed. I've only been here not even a day and I'm missing home. Don't get me wrong, I love my aunt and I love the city, but it's just not the same. I miss my mom, dad, little sister. I reached up and rid my eyes of the tears that were building up and I ran up into my room to look for a book.

I chose As I Wake by Elizabeth Scott and slipped on my black TOMS. It was a beautiful morning, the sun warm and the sky clear. I laid on the hammock under the big oak tree in the back yard and kicked off my shoes. It's particularly warm out today, but I'm not complaining seeing as I love warm weather. My eyes fluttered shut as I thought about my family. They would of loved it here, especially my little sister, Harper. She was 10 and she had always wanted to come here, like myself. I felt something land on my arm and I opened my eyes to see a beautiful purple and white butterfly, it's wings fluttering slightly. It crawled onto my finger and spread it's wings before flying away. I miss you, I thought.

Somewhere between thinking about my family and trying to this book, I heard noises coming from the house. My curiosity got the best of me and I slipped my shoes back on and walked down the stone path to the back doors. I peeked inside to see five boys laughing and shoving eachother. Louis? And those must be his friends.

Well, I'm about to make this totally awkward, I thought as I slid the door open.