Foster Care:1

Today I had a meeting with a set of parents. A female and a male whom had conceived one child but couldn't have another. It surprising since most parents didn't want a teen but a young child to grow as their own kid. But I'm happy that I might have a once in a lifetime opportunity. My parents where mere regular werewolves, yes, I too am a werewolf. Mom and dad were not an alpha or luna but average people.

Really, there is nothing super special about me. I mean, I'm one of a kind and all, but other than my hair, orange-y-red, I'm average. I'm 17, just graduated actually, and sadly I do not have a mate yet. It has only been 2 years since I was able to find my soulmate and I don't really go anywhere and the chances of he/she living here are very unlikely. Heck, the chances of my mate living in this state is slim to none!

Anyways back to the matter at hand, they will be here at 5 and it's already 4:30. I put on a simple t-shirt I found at Good Will and a pair of old jeans that had non-intentional wholes in the knees and were about as thick as a piece of paper. It did nothing to help with the cold weather of winter. {Her credits let her graduate half a year early} I had called my work earlier and said that I would no longer be able to work for them anymore, which was McDonalds. I had got my last paycheck 2 days ago but it was already gone because I went and paid my phone bill, which wasn't much since my phone was one of those that have minutes. Haley, our caretaker for when we were here, called me down to the meeting office.

It was a medium sized room with a wooden table and 6 chairs around it, 3 on each side. I knocked and walked in to see a tall man with blonde hair and tan skin, old but like new grandpa old. Maybe 40? He looked he used to be a California surfer dude. Next to him was a younger looking lady, short with dirty blonde hair and brown eyes. She was way shorter than me, but that's not hard because I'm almost 5'9.

I know I'm tall and it really doesn't bother me because you know what they say "Short girls are cute but tall girls are sexy." I don't think I'm 'sexy' per say, but more like pretty but not like 'I'm going to stop and stare' kind of pretty. I'm tall, with red-ish-orange-ish hair. My eyes are blue, I consider myself nice but I do have a temper that gets me in trouble a lot. I mean with fellow people, not the law or anything like that.

The woman speaks up. "You must be Jessica! I'm Karol with a K," She says in an overly cheery voice.

I look at a little cautiously and do a little bow. You can tell by their aura that they were of high ranks. The man just looks like he is about to run off and never come back, like over the top annoyed. Karol with a K elbows him in the side and he 'Oof's.

Sticking out his hand he says, "Bill".

Wow Bill, such a grand introduction I think sarcastically. I take his hand and give it a small shake giving a small respectful head nod and muttering "Jessica."

We walk over to the table and I was about to go sit next to Haley but she gives me a glare and eye contact telling me to sit next to them. They are about to go over my file, so Haley starts speaking like a pro robot." Name:Jessica Ann Hadley Age:17 Birth date:September 24, 1998 Height:5'8 1/2 Eye color:Blue Hair color:Red Weight:....." Yadda yadda, you get it right? Any ways she goes on like that for a while.

My mind started to wonder. I had been saving my money for a while, like i had said my paycheck was gone but I only used a little, the rest I had put in a jar to save up for my first. Like college, car, or maybe even a house. I counted earlier and it was a total of $1589.56. I have been saving this up since I was like 9 or 10 though.

Haley says my name and she asks me if I would sign the paper. I slowly pick up the pen and look over at Karol with a K and Bill. Karol looks kind of excited while Bill just looks out the window and glares. I am truly grateful but I am kind of scared. I really have never had parents. I start to slowly write my signature on the bottom of the paper.

Jessica Ann Hadley