Chapter 1

Thump, thump. Thump, thump.
I could feel my feet slamming on ever patch of grass it saw in sight. The blood in my body rushed all over, feeling every plus my body makes. It was dark out, you could see nothing but the silhouettes of the many trees and bushes that surrounded me. I had no idea where exactly I was, I just knew my top mission was to keep moving forward, no matter what.

Branches scratched my arms every now and then; my hands scrapping against the bark on the trees to make sure I didn't run into one again.  I couldn't believe I had finally did it, but now is not the time to celebrate. I could celebrate when I finally got far enough from them.

****

Hours upon hours have passed, I do not know how much more I can do. My body does not want to work with me. I know I need to stop, but what if I could just go a little further? What harm could that do? I had no clue what time it was but the sun still didn't come up. The trees and bushes were still black and every creepy crawler was camouflaged to my eyes. They had adjusted long ago to the darkness but I couldn't help but feel blind.

The cool air clawed at my throat and lungs, making them burn as if you had set them on fire. My eyelids screamed and demanded for me to shut them and give them a brake. Pain was shooting through my legs begging me to stop and pleading for a minute. I had to stop. I knew I had to. That's the one thing that upset me, I just had to stop. I needed a brake. I finally came to a halt, me legs shaking. Collapsing, I could feel my whole body begin to shake, I had worked it too much. Leaning up against a tree I let my eyes win, I let them shut and allowed my ears to take in the silence.

****

It's dark. My lungs suck in air and push it out within a minute.  My eyes are still closed, they don't want to look at the cruel world that awaits them. I know I need to, I needed to know where I was. I open my tires eyes, only to something I  didn't expect. I see dark colored walls, dark blinds, dark brown dressers, and the bed I am laying in. I sit up to get a better look at the room I am in. The room is spaces, the furniture in the room looks expensive. There were two other doors in the room, but closed.  My eyes still fuzzy from just waking up, realization hit me hard. I have no clue where I am, who's house I am in, or who the person is.  Oddly, I hear footsteps coming my way. 

My instincts kicked in, I panicked and rolled over as quietly as I could. I hit the ground and crawled under the bed. I always wounder what people would be thinking at this moment, and mine is that I feel like I'm in a horror film, trying to hide from a killer. I could hear the knob twisting, even picturing it in my head as it's happening. The door squeaked open, I could feel every step they took, and the last one was right in font of my head. You trapped yourself under a bed, great job. 

I closed my eyes, just trying to stay as quiet as possible. A tear dared to escape my eye, and with a joyful jump it ran down my cheek, not thinking to stop before it slammed into the floor below me. His all-to-quiet footsteps moved towards the dark wooden door until I could not see his shoes anymore. With a twisting of a handle, the door was opened and shut lightly. I waited a minute before I let out a sigh of relief, hoping who ever came to see me wouldn't come back for a while. Maybe I'll get lucky with enough time to figure out what my next move is.

But boy was I wrong. Before I knew it, warm hands snaked around my feet, pulling me like the rag doll I felt I was in that moment. I screamed in shock of this sudden tactic he played on me; I attempting to kick him in the process, hoping it would help.  With god on my side it worked and I scattered on my feet, running as fast as my little legs could go. Sadly, I did not get very far; he slapped his hand around my ankle and yanked it with such force I thought my leg would detach from my body.

Swiftly, I felt warm hands move my flimsy arms above my head. I could feel his hands slid up my arm and latch on my small wrists. When a scream ventured to crawl up my throat, the strange man slithered his free hand over my mouth, forbidding me otherwise. I closed my eyes, I could feel myself getting sick form being in this situation. His legs adjusted on my body, the sensation of his body moving closer to me sent my stomach in flutters that were not to kind. His breath brushed up on my neck and tickled my ear when he got to it. 

"Is that the way you greet someone who helped you?" He stated in a rich voice. I questioned myself if I should open my eyes or not. The curiosity that was wrapping around my body got the best of me and challenged me to see who is on me. I opened one eye and soon after my other eye opened, meeting a par of dark green ones.

"I'll remove my hands, as long as you don't scream, that is," he said almost cold. I nodded my head desperate for him to get off of me. When he stood up is when I finally decided to get off the floor and hopefully get out of this awkward situation. He had moved to the window looking out of it, not even the slightest bit concerned that I would run, or get far for that matter.

"Marcus," he boomed so sudden that I jumped in the process. 

"W-What?," I inquired, stammering in the measure. I had happened to look over at him, catching a glimpse of a devilish smirk that ran across his face, causing heat to rush all over. "My name, it's Marcus," he commented. Nodding I looked away, trying my best not to satisfy his cruel ego.  "Aurora," I noted. At this moment, I took my opportunity to get a good look at him. It wasn't very hard to tell that he was brawny and that he had brown hair. 

I didn't want to stare too long. I would hate for another smirk to scratch across his face again at the sight of me embarrassed. "Um, Marcus? Thank you for helping, but why?" I mumbled, nervous that he would think that I was ungrateful. He let out a deep sigh to my question, thinking long and hard on it. "You were trespassing on my land, I went to see who it was," Marcus said turning towards me. I looked at him briefly, upset that I was on his property, unwanted. So many questions scraped at my throat trying to get the words out but my mouth remained shut, like it was sewn.

"I had followed you for a while, seeing what you were doing here. I saw you collapse on the ground. You didn't move so I went to help you and found that you were unconscious. And as you know, I brought you here" Marcuse implored to me. I thanked him once more before making up my mind that it was time I got out of his way and move on to what I have planned.