Chapter 8

The old woman helped me throw all my belongings into my suit case and we ran (well she hobbled) down the stairs to the lobby. I looked out the dirty glass doors to see chaos outside. Everyone was running around like maniacs, carrying various items and dragging their families behind them. A black car pulled up to the front of the building and laid on the horn. The woman grabbed my hand and pulled me out the doors and to the car. I set my suit case in the back and looked at her. She gave me a weak smile and hugged me. 

"Take care of yourself deary." She whispered. I smiled at her and climbed into the car, closing the door behind me. As the car pulled away I quickly rolled down the window and stuck my head out. I waved my hands and yelled to the woman. She turned around with a questioned look.

"What is your name?" I yelled to her.

"Mary Jacobs." She yelled back, smiling and waving. I waved goodbye and pulled my body back into the car. The driver was dodging people left and right, but it was as if everyone was in the streets. When the car finally made it to the highway there were no cars, just groups of people running down the road. The driver floored it, sending the car speeding down the road. The sky was full of space ships, lights trailing all over the city. 

"Where are we going?" I asked the driver, turning to him. He had a bald head and dark sunglasses, a black suit that hugged his extremly muscular body too tightly. He looked over at me and sighed.

"I am taking you to Roxalph City, there the President will have his plan for you." He said coldly. I was shoked. The President of the planet wanted to see me, wants to protect me? I must be important I guess. I turned around to see that the city was no longer visible, too far away for me to see. I leaned my head on the side of the car and drifted off to sleep, it had been a long day, sorta.

Thanks for reading, and please vote! I love you all soooo much you have no idea!- Julia