Chapter 5

When the bell rang indicating the end of lunch me and Alex made our way to the Gathering. He explained to me that the gathering was where the whole school meets outside on the football field for an end of the day briefing. As we walked out the doors of the school Mr. Parker waved us down and we walked over to him.

"Hi Henry, what's wrong?" I asked.

"The principle wants you to be presented to the whole school and he wants you to show your power! Isn't that exciting?" He asked, clapping his hands and smiling like a fool. My face was probably whiter than snow. I wasn't scared, I was terrified. Mr. Parker grabbed my arm and led me to the field. I looked back at Alex in fear.

"Just look at me the whole time, don't look at anyone else!" He shouted back at me, sensing my fear. I nodded my head, almost ready to cry. I walked up the steps of a make-shift stage in the middle of the field as the school filed into the bleachers. I sat in a chair provided on the stage and searched the crowd for Alex. I found him at the top of the bleachers and didn't take my eyes off him. I wasn't thinking untill I heard someone say my name and I looked at them. It was Principle Davidson, his hand out streached to me. I took it and got up out of my chair. He pointed to the middle of the stage and I walked out to it. He stood next to me and explained everything about me. My name, my powers, where I am from, the reason I don't have any parents. I thought it was really weird that he was explaining everything about me to the whole school but I really didn't care. 

"Now Katherine, it's time to show everyone how powerful you actually are." He winked and I nodded my head, smiling a little. I looked back up at Alex. He smiled back at me and nodded his head. I shook out my hands and nodded at Mr. Parker, "Give me your best shot." I laughed. He snickered and I saw a car driven out onto the field. Everyone was looking at eachother in confusion, probably because they didn't know how powerful I could actually be. Mr.Parker pointed to the field and I walked out and stood in the path of the car. Every person was silent as the car revved its engine and started at me full speed. I stuck out my hand and flicked my wrist up just as the car was only a few feet away from me. I heard a few people scream but I knew what I was doing. The car flew into the air  over my head. It soared but just before it hit the ground I stopped it mid air, flipped it up-right, and set it onto the ground lightly, all with one hand. I looked up at Alex and he had the biggest smile on his face. I looked around at everyone else and became almost scared. All their faces were in amazement, jaws hanging. I bowed slightly and walked back to the stage awkwardly. I suddenly heard clapping and turned around to see people starting to cheer for me. I started to laugh. 

"Who wants to see more?" Principle Davidson asked. Everyone cheered at his questioned. He turned to me and gave me a thumbs up. I laughed and walked back out to the field. I had an idea in my head and was totally ready for it. When I made it to the spot I turned my back to everyone and faced the stage. I lifted my arms and watched as the stage rose into the air. I heard everyone behind me scream with enjoyment. I laughed and brought the stage back down to the ground slowly. I heard the school bell ring again and everyone started to file out of the bleachers, leaving to go home. 

"You are one amazing girl, Katherine!" Mr. Parker laughed, patting my shoulder. 

"Thanks Henry." I said. 

"You can go now, have a good day, and I'll see you in class tomorrow." He said, turning and walking over to a group of teachers. I made my way to the school. Everyone was at their lockers, getting their things to go home. I had many people talk to me and congratulate me. I thanked everyone and found my locker. I had been carrying around my Telekonesis textbook all day and it was getting heavy, so I made my way to my own locker. When I found it I saw Alex leaning up against it. 

"Hey." I said, walking up to him.

"Oh man Katherine, you were amazing!" He shouted, hugging me around my shoulders.

"Haha, thanks." I giggled, opening my locker and throwing in the book. We walked out the front doors of the school and walked down the streets. We made it to my apartment building and stopped at the front door to the lobby. "Do you wanna come up and hang out?" I asked Alex. He rubbed the back of his neck and laughed.

"I have to get home and study. You came at the end of the school year so you don't need to take finals, but everyone else does. I need to get home and study, but I'll see you tomorrow." He hugged me around my shoulders and I wrapped my arms around his waist.

"Thanks for befriending me today, I've never been able to socialize before and you made it really easy." We released and he smiled at me.

"Well, I knew what it was like being the new kid and didn't want you to go through what I did. Turns out you're a really fun person, so I'm glad I did." He smiled and looked at the ground.

"Thanks..." I laughed, shoving my hands into my pockets. 

"Well I gotta get going, I'll see you later." I waved and walked away, toward his own apartement I geuss. I sighed and walked into the lobby. I rode the elevator to the top and found my door. Unlocking it, then throwing myself on the bed and falling asleep. It was a huge day I had and needed a quick nap.

A big thanks to gracelikerain2 for voting for all my chapters, love ya girl! Thanks for reading and please vote! I love all of you so much!- Julia