Twenty

Violet's POV

I went over to Hannah's house, just to see how she was doing. I opened her window up, and there she was.

She wasn't alone, which made me smile. She was with Nate. They were both cuddling each other, sleeping soundly. I guess I should kill two birds with one stone.

I shook Hannah awake, then Nate. They both groaned, and when Hannah opened her eyes, she almost screamed.

"Oh my god, yes! That son of a bitch finally let you go!" She cheered, and Nate woke up.

"Hannah, keep it down." He laughed, but then stared at me.

"I have information but it's more important for you to explain why the hell are you two are together?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's a long story..." Nate said.

"Which I don't have time for." I said. I was happy for both of them. "Listen. Hayes has no idea who Kate is."

"What? How do you know?" Hannah asked.

"Because he told me." I said, and Hannah laughed.

"There's no way." She said. "He could be lying."

"Yeah, but he wasn't." I defended. "Now, about Amanda-"

Someone knocked on the door. "Hannah? Nate?" Hannah's mom said softly.

"Hide. Under the bed!" Hannah exclaimed, and I did exactly that.

I see the door open, a silhouette of Hannah's mom coming closer to the bed. By the way Nate was fake-snoring, I could tell they were pretending to sleep.

My heart was beating so fast, and I was trying so hard not to panic, I was surprised she couldn't hear me.

"Good night." I heard her mom kiss her forehead, and leave the room.

I roll out from under her bed, and I sat back down where Hannah and Nate was.

"I had a dream that I was Amanda and Hayes killed me like the news report said." I sighed. "And Isaac was there."

"Isaac? Why?" Hannah said.

"He was trying to protect Amanda." I said.

"Do you think that's true? It's just a dream though." Nate said.

"I already asked Isaac and he told me he wasn't there." I paused. "What if it wasn't a dream? What if it was a sign from Amanda or something?"

"You really believe in that stuff?" Nate asked.

"How long have you known me for?" I said as my response. "I still have to ask him, but I wanted to say goodbye before I leave."

"Leave? But you just got here?" Hannah asked.

"I'm going to Alaska." I answered.

"What? Why-" Hannah started to ask.

"To see the Northern Lights." Nate explained for me. "She's been wanting to go for a while. But she couldn't. It's the only place in America to see them." He smiled. "I'm happy for you."

"Thanks Nate." I smiled too. I pulled them both into a hug. "I'm going to miss you guys."

"You too." They responded, I waved goodbye before I jumped out of the window, landing on the soft soil where Hannah's mom's garden used to be.

I pull my hood up, and I walk. I walk further away from the people I love, further from my house, but closer to Hayes.

I disappear into the woods. The forrest animals seem to get quieter as I walk back to the house.