Eight

Violet's POV

A light shined in our eyes, and I shielded it with my arm.

"Run." Nate said, as he grabbed my arm and we ran away from the light.

"Who is that?" I asked, trying not to look back.

"It's probably the janitor." Nate mumbled, and he grabbed my arm and led me down another hallway.

We ran for a while, before I was-literally- head to head with the janitor.

I collided my head into the janitor's head, as Nate stumbled forward. I held my head in pain.

Nate was behind the janitor, so he wouldn't see him. He was motioning me to come with him, because the janitor was laying on the ground, but i declined.

"Go." I whispered, and he looked at me again before he ran off.

The janitor got up and grinned at me.

"Girly, you're in for a lot of trouble." He laughed, and I waited until I saw the red and blue flashing lights of the police cars.

~~

"What were you thinking?" My mom yelled. "Breaking and Entering into a school!"

"Mom, I'm sorry. I just forgot my homework. It won't happen again." I lied.

I was sitting by her desk in a chair that I was handcuffed to. We were in her office of the police station. She glared at me.

"Homework? You haven't been in school for three days. The least you care about is homework." She said.

"Fine. If you must know, I was trying to find Amanda's notebook." I sighed.

"Why Amanda's notebook?" She asked.

"I don't know...it's pretty much the last thing I have of her. She would always draw and I'd always want a drawing." I partially-lied. It was true, she always drew, and I'd always want one, but I knew this wasn't the last thing I have of her.

"Honey..." My mom hugged me. "I know this is hard, but you have to realize that you have your family and friends to talk to if you need them." She unlocked me from my handcuffs. "Okay?"

"Yeah okay, mom." I said, rubbing my wrists.

"Good, in that case. You're grounded, for three weeks- no going out." She said and I groaned.

"Do I make myself clear?" She asked, and I nodded.

"Yeah." I said. "Crystal."

"Good." She smiled, and she grabbed some folders from her desk.

"I have to get back to work. I'll take you home, but promise me you won't get into anymore trouble." She said, and I promised her.

She left, and I took out my phone to text Nate. He already texted me.

Nate: VIOLET! What the hell?! Why did you do that?

Me: because you already did that for me once, remember? so I had to help you

Nate: Ily. I'll make it up to you!

Me: you better! I ended up in handcuffs!

I turned off my phone, and got out Amanda's drawing.

It didn't look like anyone I knew, but those eyes...I could've sworn I've seen them before.

Maybe if Amanda finished the drawing by coloring it in, I don't know.

I got up from where I was sitting to stretch my legs. I walked over to my mom's desk, and looked at all the folders.

There was a folder labeled "Grier."

What I was thinking about doing was completely illegal, so I decided to call Nate. After a few rings, he answered.

"Shmello?" He greeted.

"Nate? It's me."

"Well hello, Violet. What do I owe this pleasure?"

"Cut the fancy talk. I'm at my mom's office. There's a folder labeled Grier on it. Do I open it?" I asked.

"Well, it's like I say, if life gives you lemons, you make lemonade." He said.

"Wh...you never say that." I retorted.

"JUST OPEN THE FOLDER, BYE." He said sassily, and he hung up.

I opened the folder, and it had all of Hayes's information, including a mugshot.

I read through everything, including his medical record.

He took/is taking three different medicines- Prozac, Cymbalta, and Zoloft. I made sure to snap a picture of the important files before sitting back down.

When I was done, I played games on my phone before my mom came out.

"All done work, hon. You're ready to go?" She asked, and I nodded.

We walked to her car, and we drove to a McDonald's. We ordered food for everyone, and we drove back to the house.

When we pulled up to the house, Dad was on the roof, trying to pry open Isaac's window.

"Connor, honey, what are you doing?" My mom asked my dad.

"Isaac's door locked from the outside so I'm trying to get it to open." He grunted.

"That's not gonna work without the key in the garage!" My mom shouted.

Yeah, I thought, the key that I took.

I couldn't help but smirk before I walked inside of the house.

Isaac was staring at the blank screen TV, which was scaring me only a little bit.

"Isaac? There's food." I said, and he didn't respond.

"Isaac?" I said, and after I said his name a few times, I threw the burger at him lightly, and walked upstairs, chuckling lightly, holding my dinner.

I put the pictures on my laptop, and continued to do more research as I ate my food.

When I was done, I took a quick shower, and hopped into bed.

I will be prepared for what the day brings me, I thought.

~.~
A/N: HEY GUYS WHAT'S UP? Hope you people had a lovely day today. I pretty much went to field hockey practice, took a nap, ate some food...my life is complete. Anyways, I hope you guys liked this chapter! It'll pick up I promise and Hayes will be introduced soon (he's introduced in chapter 10 I think) so yeah!

MY 5SOS CONCERT IS COMING SO SOON OMG. I'm hype for that.
Are you excited for anything? I'd love to know. Tell me in the comments!

SSOTD: Colors by Halsey

LOVE YOUS!