Twelve

Isaac's POV

"Missing?"

"Yes, Isaac. Missing."

"Like she was," my mom paused. "Snatched from her bedroom..."

My mom and dad looked at each other.

"You don't think..." My mom sobbed.

"First Amanda, now Violet." My dad said through gritted teeth.

"You're saying that Hayes Grier might've kidnapped your daughter?" The detective asked. "Do you have any evidence?"

"No, we do not have any evidence." My dad said.

"But Amanda knew Violet, am I correct?" The detective asked.

"Mr. Timothy, what are you trying to say?" My mom asked.

"I'm saying that it was like a hit-list. First her friend Amanda, then Violet. Hayes Grier must've had a motive. Please report to this officer what your daughter looks like." The detective, Mr. Timothy asked.

I heard enough, storming out of the room and ran to my own. I slammed the door shut, jumping to lay down on my bed.

I can't believe Violet. I can't believe she'd leave me here, like this. Was she even kidnapped? Or did she just run away?

I stared at the ceiling for a while, before I turned my attention towards my nightstand. I grabbed my phone, and something fell as I did it.

"What the..." I said, as I leaned over to pick it up. It was a note, with my name labeled on it.

I opened it, and I read it out loud.

"Dear Isaac, please don't worry about me. I'm fine. Also, I've went to look for answers. I love you, bro. I'll find out what happened to Amanda and Kate. We'll finally get justice. Love, Violet." I cried, setting the letter down.

My sister never makes me cry, no matter what. But now that she left? Left because of him made me sick to my stomach.

She went to look for answers. Now I had to look for my own.

~~

Violet's POV
flashback

"It's one of those nights, isn't it?" Amanda said. "Where the sky is so calm that the stars are shining brighter than normal."

"Yeah." I smiled.

"I've always wanted to travel to space." She said. "I think it'd be cool."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah. No one knows a lot about it, I want to discover it. What about you?" She asked me.

"I've always wanted to see the northern lights." I sighed. "Like, that's the top thing on my bucket list."

"Top thing on your bucket list, eh? I wish I'd go with you when that happens." She said.

"Trust me, I won't go without you." I said.

"Promise?"

"Promise."

"Okay, well my top thing on my bucket list is to die-"

"Wait, then what's the whole point of the bucket list?" I said.

"That's exactly it. Doing everything before you die. That's how I want to think about it. I want to see if heaven's real or if hell's real or if anything's real." She said, and I nodded in response.