Chapter 7

Hermione's POV

"Ahh, let's see... Weasley and Granger. What are you two doing here? Shouldn't the kids be sleeping by now?", Draco said walking up to Ron and me. What was he doing here? Ron could find out about us! Oh. I realized that there was no 'us' anymore. While I was thinking about a way to get to the common room as fast as possible, Ron answered angrily: "None of your business, Malfoy! Besides, what do you want from us?" "Oh...", Draco said while touching his chin with one finger: "...I just want you and Potter to stay out of my affairs. I know you've been observing me secretly. Well you failed, obviously." Ron panted: "We do what we want. And now we are leaving, come on Hermione!" He pulled me with him and while I stumbled behind him I heard Draco say: "Don't treat her like a dog! Let go of her!" Ron stopped in unbelieve. "What did you say?" "I said...", Draco repeated: "You should let go of her. You are hurting her." While Ron let go of my arm and slowly turned around I almost fainted. What is he doing? I... He... I didn't know what to think. On the one hand I was happy like a four-year old at Christmas eve but on the other hand he just gave us away. That's what Ron must have thought, too because he pointed out: "So that's the way the wind is blowing! You... You two?!", he said pointing at Draco and me. Then he started grinning. "So that is why you were sneaking away the last few months? For him?!" Ron started laughing and continued to try bringing us down. And it seemed to work because while he was joking about us I got really mad. When he was almost laying on the ground laughing and I realized that Draco wouldn't do anything about it I punshed Ron in his face. And I immediately regretted it.