The life time together

(Thomas point of view)

A year ago today I purposed to Brenda and tonight is the celebration which also means its our wedding. I wanted it to happen today because its a celebration to show how far we've come and getting married is a big step in life .

"Here you are shank"
"Yeah I'm just thinking"
"Thomas your not getting cold feet are you?"
"No! I'm just thinking if Newt didn't tell me to settle down with Brenda I wouldn't be standing here waiting a couple of hours until I get married"
"Yeah, do you think he will show up?"
"I don't know "
"Anyway we need help setting out the tables on the beach"
"Yeah I'm coming"

I walk out onto the beach and look up to the cliff. The cliff is where we are going to stand when we're saying our vows because when we first got to this paradise that is where Brenda and I sat. The beach is where the feast will take place.
I look around remembering the first time I set eyes on this place,oh it is so beautiful. This place is perfect to spend the rest of our lives together.

............................................... A few hours later .............................

The lowering sun is casting a beautiful orange blanket over the beach and the cliff and the wedding is about to begin.
Minho is by my side looking around nervously.
"Dude what's up?"
"What? Oh nothing... I'm fine"
"Minho?"
"Shank its your wedding don't worry about me and worry about this" he gestures to everyone gathered on the cliff.
"Minho tell me"
"Brenda said she wants to tell you herself"
"What! Brenda? It's about Brenda!?"
"Dude chill! Your weddings just began."
I look towards the group of people gathered and see they are making a column for Brenda to walk down.
Wow I see Brenda appear and she looks so beautiful. I don't know how but somehow she and the girls have created a wedding gown and its perfect. She looks amazing and I swear she is glowing.

Brenda reaches me and she is staring straight into my eyes.
"Brenda... You look amazing" I whisper to her. She blushes slightly and smiles and turns towards Minho who will be our minister for tonight.
"We are gathered here today to witness the binding of Thomas and Brenda. I have no memory of love but i can't imagine a love stronger than yours, you have been through so much together and i can't imagine this any other way...Thomas ... Do you take Brenda to be your wife... to have and to hold ... In sickness and in health... Till death do you part...?"
"I do..."
"Do you Brenda take Thomas to be your husband ... To have and to hold... In sickness and in health... Till death do you part...?"
"I do..."
We exchange rings carved out of stone and we say our vows.

"Thomas...when we first met in the Scorch I was working for WICKED and I filled your heads with lies. But that night in the truck I fell in love... We were held at gun point but I wasn't scared because I had you with me and I have never felt as safe as I do when I'm with you. This paradise in a new start for all of us and even though we have been here a long time our fresh start is just starting. I love you with all my heart and I have promised you I will never keep anything from you and I have been dying to tell you something..."

My eyes have been locked on hers the whole time but I break contact to look at Minho who is stood next to me with a huge smile on his face. I look back at Brenda and she has tears of happiness in her eyes and a smile I have never seen before, so huge it fills her face.

"Thomas... My new husband... I love you so much and ..."
Tears have come streaming down her face and she's trying her hardest to carry on speaking.
"Thomas..."
She cleared her throat and is ready to carry on.
"Thomas...I have something to tell you... I'm ... I'm pregnant... We're having a baby!"

I hear thunders of claps around but I can't look away from Brenda. I am overwhelmed with happiness and joy, I feel tears of happiness fall from my eyes. I'm going to have a baby. I'm going to be a dad, something I have never met before in my new life.
I pull Brenda into a warm hug and I whisper ' I love you ' and start my speech.

"We're having a baby? ... Brenda ... You will make a perfect mother to our baby and I don't think I would ever be as good a dad as you are a mom. Were have both been held at gun point, I have almost died I don't know how many times but I have never been more terrified than I am right now. I don't remember my parents... I don't remember my dad... And I don't have any idea how to raise a child and that scares me... "
I pause and see a look of terror on everyone's faces.
"But it doesn't mean I won't raise this child... I don't remember my dad and I don't want our child growing up without a dad around even if I am here... I don't want our baby to know me as a friend ... I want him to know me as a dad. I want to be there for you both because I love you. I am not going to live in fear of becoming like my dad because I don't know him and if I do live in fear I will become him. I know I can do it because your going to be with me and you have helped me accomplish so much and we are going to do this together..."

Everyone around us seems to be crying even Minho so I decide I have waited long enough to kiss the bride so I pull her closer and kiss her as the sunlight is falling away.

We're going to be parents!